Just Ordered Seidio Case - Review to Follow

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CarbonFly

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Columbia, SC
Did you get a message saying that the case was on backorder? I ordered one yesterday and that is what I was told.

I hope they get more cases in soon.

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Did you get a message saying that the case was on backorder? I ordered one yesterday and that is what I was told.

We just ran out of the rubberized case stock yesterday, we will get more in tomorrow or Thursday . Hybrid case and crystal case are still in stock

Seidio

jeffp

Jul 9, 2007
I just received the case yesterday and find it to one of the better cases available. Since getting the phone, I have purchased a number of cases from Incase, Agent 18, Casemate and even a nice aluminum case. The fit of the case is important to me as well as the grip of the skin. I found the Agent 18 case hard to hold with its plastic cover. The Casemate cases are nice but a little bulky. The screw on clips worry me since they are prone to unscrew while you have it clipped on. I don't carry the phone that way often, but I sure don't want it to come loose.
The Seidio rubberized case fits tight and has a very good texture feel. All of the necessary openings are there. The quality that is hard to describe but easy to experience is that the thin structure of the case makes it seem to just be an extension of the iPhone, not an add on. It contributes minimal weight and bulk to the point where it makes the phone more easily handled. Some iPhone users would prefer to use the iPhone "naked" because of the sleekness and small footprint. This case does not diminish that feel and makes the phone more useable in my opinion.
Of all of the cases that I have purchased, (and all the money I have spent), I prefer the Seidio case more than any of the others. It's solid, sleek, and well made. Plus, it looks pretty darn good!

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007

We received the new shipment for iPhone rubberized case today. The shipping for this case resumes today (10/3, wednesday)

Seidio

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
I ordered one and was unhappy with it, it felt cheap and did not fit the phone snugly on the sides.

I will be processing an RMA, for a full refund, i hope Seidio corporates.

I will be looking into the Agent 18 case now.

CarbonFly

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Columbia, SC
I ordered one and was unhappy with it, it felt cheap and did not fit the phone snugly on the sides.

I will be processing an RMA, for a full refund, i hope Seidio corporates.

I will be looking into the Agent 18 case now.
You are the first person that I have heard to complain about this case. From what I have noticed Seidio has been cooperative with people on this forum, so I doubt you will have problems from them.

Anyways, can't wait to get my case!

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
You are the first person that I have heard to complain about this case. From what I have noticed Seidio has been cooperative with people on this forum, so I doubt you will have problems from them.

Anyways, can't wait to get my case!
Yeh, i understand, personally the case felt cheap, and the area were the front and back connect was loose and when you griped the i phone, it would squeeze together and click.

I may be too particular, but the case was just not for me.

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Yeh, i understand, personally the case felt cheap, and the area were the front and back connect was loose and when you griped the i phone, it would squeeze together and click.

I may be too particular, but the case was just not for me.
Sounds like you may have just received a defective case. Once the case is closed, there is no room for the iPhone to move around. If it was clicking it may not have been closing properly in the first place. You may consider trying another case, but it's up to you.

Thanks,

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Sounds like you may have just received a defective case. Once the case is closed, there is no room for the iPhone to move around. If it was clicking it may not have been closing properly in the first place. You may consider trying another case, but it's up to you.

Thanks,

If i try another and decide its still not for me, can i send it in again for a fully refund?

also, i sent it in for an RMA, yesterday, it was mailed this morning, but i selected "refund" under the RMA options, can i edit that?

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
If i try another and decide its still not for me, can i send it in again for a fully refund?

also, i sent it in for an RMA, yesterday, it was mailed this morning, but i selected "refund" under the RMA options, can i edit that?
Yes. Just to make things easier...email me your information, (forum@seidio.com), and I'll have it taken care of.

Thanks

rabanjr

Oct 3, 2007
I just received the case yesterday and find it to one of the better cases available. Since getting the phone, I have purchased a number of cases from Incase, Agent 18, Casemate and even a nice aluminum case. The fit of the case is important to me as well as the grip of the skin. I found the Agent 18 case hard to hold with its plastic cover. The Casemate cases are nice but a little bulky. The screw on clips worry me since they are prone to unscrew while you have it clipped on. I don't carry the phone that way often, but I sure don't want it to come loose.
The Seidio rubberized case fits tight and has a very good texture feel. All of the necessary openings are there. The quality that is hard to describe but easy to experience is that the thin structure of the case makes it seem to just be an extension of the iPhone, not an add on. It contributes minimal weight and bulk to the point where it makes the phone more easily handled. Some iPhone users would prefer to use the iPhone "naked" because of the sleekness and small footprint. This case does not diminish that feel and makes the phone more useable in my opinion.
Of all of the cases that I have purchased, (and all the money I have spent), I prefer the Seidio case more than any of the others. It's solid, sleek, and well made. Plus, it looks pretty darn good!
DITTO!

I received my case, holster and screen protector yesterday. Nice snug fit and the holster fits very nice and secure.

It is a tad bit bulkier than I thought from seeing the picture. Still works and is the best case so far.

Highly recommend.

Allan

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
DITTO!

I received my case, holster and screen protector yesterday. Nice snug fit and the holster fits very nice and secure.

It is a tad bit bulkier than I thought from seeing the picture. Still works and is the best case so far.

Highly recommend.

Allan

Out of curiosity, what Screen Protector did you go with?

Oct 3, 2007
I am really upset. I have been waiting to order the hardcase and holster combo, and when I finally get the money, Seidio's ordering system won't take my card. It keeps saying mismatched billing information. I have checked with my bank and they tell me that everything I have put into the system and told the Seidio rep over the phone is exactly how it looks in their system.

Is there anyone here who might consider ordering the item for me if I send the money via PayPal?

I can order the holster and case separately, from two different places, but I would rather order directly from Seidio than worry about maybe not getting the right item from two different places.

toshiba1

Aug 16, 2007
picts

for closeup picts of the black rubberized Seidio case, see this thread and for solution on how to prevent the case from popping apart when dropped see

Last edited by a moderator:

andyadler

Oct 1, 2007
Hello Seidio. One question: When the iPhone is in your ruberized case (and case is in the holster), can the vibe still be felt? I also have a PPC-6700 that I use with your holster (love it, BTW), and I can feel the vibe fine -- but there's no case on that phone. Would I be better off with the iPhone holster that holds the iPhone without a case? I often need to have the ringer off and vibe on, so this is an important consideration for me.

thanks...aa.