Just picked up the new 8 gb nano for 100 bucks (using my 100 iPhone credit)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
That's what I'm gettin' too! ;) They don't have cases out for them yet, right? Or am I wrong?

i picked up my new nano from the 5th ave store in manhattan and asked if there were any cases out and i was told there's a "workout" type case that you strap around your arm but they were sold out on those, other than that, the Apple guy told me there were no cases currently out for the new nano

my new baby is nekkid..................

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
I noticed a little "design" flaw in the new nano.............the cable for the nano is like the old one, where you "pinch" in the sides to remove the cable from the bottom of the nano. However, right next to the connector on the bottom of the nano is the headphone port. So in order to remove the cable from the nano, you need to pull out the headphone in order to "pinch" in the cable to remove....................

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
I noticed a little "design" flaw in the new nano.............the cable for the nano is like the old one, where you "pinch" in the sides to remove the cable from the bottom of the nano. However, right next to the connector on the bottom of the nano is the headphone port. So in order to remove the cable from the nano, you need to pull out the headphone in order to "pinch" in the cable to remove....................
Is that not the same as the old nano (gen2)? I usually remove the headphones, anyway. But that's a good catch for those who don't!

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
Is that not the same as the old nano (gen2)? I usually remove the headphones, anyway. But that's a good catch for those who don't!

i have the 2nd gen nano as well, and there is enough space between the cable connector on the bottom and the headphone port to allow me to pinch in the cable to remove

with the new nano, there is no room whatsoever so you have to remove the headphone to remove the cable, the problem is the headphone port now is really really tight so you literally have to pull hard on the headphone to pull it out...........do that too many times, and i don't want the port to get "stretched" out if possible