just placed an order for the 4gb for $299. scared. worth it? help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
hi, like the title says. i'm nervous about what i just got myself in to. i just jumped on the opprtunity with that $299 price tag of a 4gb. is $299 worth it? will i like this phone? i'm afraid of opening the box when i get it, for fear i might have a change of heart and wouldn't want to pay a repackaging fee. how much video time can i store in a 4 gb? thanks you guys.

i currently own a 60 gb video ipod. don't know if i plan on getting rid of it. did you guys get rid your ipods whn you got the iPhone?
i also own a white 13inch macbook june2006.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
how much was the tax on the $299 one over at Apple?
is there a tax difference from the $399 ones? or is it the same amount of tax $? ty

Deedubau

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I'm wasteful when it comes to money but if I were you I probably wouldn't get it just for the restocking fee. I bought it and i'm extremely satisfied, but I made a lot of sacrifices for it (even at 300) and 4 gig honestly isn't that much for a portable media player if you plan on putting a lot of stuff on it. Lots of people like to put their whole collection or at least more than 4 gigs worth onto their ipods/phones and I can see why this is discontinued. You can't put about 100 songs on it because of the whole os packed in it so that's kind of a bummer. I can live with a handful of albums and videos on my iPhone so i'm happy!

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
im very satisfied with my 4gb iPhone. stores all the music i really listen to, and i plan on getting shrinkmytunes, which will give me even more room.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I think it's worth it! A brand new Tmobile sidekick3 will cost you about that much with a web browser that can't even compare. Even if you don't use it that much for music look at everything else you're getting compared to other phones! And for that matter, any other good smart phone is going to run about the same price, I have a 4g, and I love it!

MaineWriter

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
My husband and I both have the 4GB iPhone. He purchased his on "iPhone day" (June 30th) and I bought mine in August, before the price cut announcement (yes, we did get our $100 credits). We are both perfectly happy with them. We have more than enough space. Granted, I am not a music fanatic with a library of 1 million songs, but for the music I do have, and podcasts, etc., the phone is just fine.

Enjoy yours!

MW

Fant

Sep 9, 2007
The 4gb iPhone will give you about 3.5gb to use after the iPhone OS. Thats still plenty for i'd say 25-30 albums. But if you start putting video on it that number drops off quickly. Honestly i'll only put video on it while i'm watching it anyway.

kamil234

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
think of it this way.

if you get a any descent phone it'll cost you at least 200+

you get a iPhone for 300.

win.:laugh2:

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I bought the 4 gig whenever the price dropped and I haven't looked back. My girl got the 8 gig and she actually hasn't even come close to hitting just 4 gig's yet. We both still have our iPod's. I have a 30 gig video and she has the 80. I kept my iPod just for video's its great when I travel to have some video when I need it and I use the iPhone for music, though I don't use it for that much. I bought the thing just for the phone, and web capabilities. So I wouldn't regret it, enjoy that wonderful phone!

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
For me, the 4GB is great. I have around 60 songs, 4 1 hour TV clips recorded off my Tivo, and around 10 podcasts. I still have around 40% left.

For my purposes of listening to podcasts on the train going to work, watching the occasional video, and listening to the occasional song - its more than adequate.

Sadly, I paid $499 for it. :/

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
i just read a lot of nasty reviews on the internet. thats why i'm hesitant. what do you guys think of all these reviews on the net anyway? thanks

MaineWriter

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
I haven't read the nasty reviews so I don't have an opinion about those. Like I said, I have the 4GB phone and I am completely happy with it. My complaints aren't really complaints, more like wishes for the future: I wish I could sync Google calendar since I don't use Outlook. Apple, are you listening?

MW

Sep 12, 2007
If your asking that question you didn't do enough research. so I wouldn't open it till you do a bit more research on the iPhone and if you will like it.