Just put my iPhone up for auction

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Posted it on ebay about a month before the supposed release of the new one. Im hoping to get some more money from my 1st Gen before the 2nd gen phone come out. Plus they are all sold out of them at the Apple online store. Thats my theory ... Hopefully someone will want it.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Looks like the time is right. I figure if you wait till after the new one comes out ... which I always have done ... you can knock a few hundred dollars off the resale price.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I've got an old AT&T junker, to use until then. :p
It is a good idea to sell it now. You are stronger than I am. I just cannot give up my iPhone! I think I will give my current iPhone to my husband or kids when I get v2.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
My iPhone is part of a family plan (the other phones ARENT iPhones) Can I cancel the iPhone data plan for a month and use a junker as you guys said? And then get the new phone and switch back?

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
On AT&T, yes. Just call them and say you got rid of the iPhone, and don't
need the iPhone data plan. Then when you buy new one, just activate on iTunes, and it will add iPhone data plan back on. Simple........:cool:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
It is a good idea to sell it now. You are stronger than I am. I just cannot give up my iPhone! I think I will give my current iPhone to my husband or kids when I get v2.
That's what I've been thinking of doing. Rather than buy an iPod Touch, I'll give my 9 year old a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone for her birthday. :)

My fiance has been begging for an iPhone since June of last year. So I gave her mine today for Mother's Day as an added gift. Of course she was told she won't get it for a month (unless early release details are correct and they definitely make sense).

Plus, it makes it easier for me to spend the $300-$600 on the new one without hearing too much about it!:p

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
My fiance has been begging for an iPhone since June of last year. So I gave her mine today for Mother's Day as an added gift. Of course she was told she won't get it for a month (unless early release details are correct and they definitely make sense).

Plus, it makes it easier for me to spend the $300-$600 on the new one without hearing too much about it!:p
CLASSIC ......................:cool: