Just so I am clear...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

big_erb

Oct 9, 2007
OK.. I ordered an iPhone on 10/6.. I don't know if I am going to have 1.0.2 or 1.1.1.. which from scouring this forum will pose some interesting issues if it is 1.1.1..

If it is 1.0.2, this is what I am lookng at.. I am in AK, and RIGHT NOW were cellone(dobson), which was bought by ATT.. I want to use my phone, and don't want to wait for the impending switch.. BUT I WILL of course be using ATT when there here, problem is we still are on cellones network and sim....

this poses an interesting question for me.. will i be able to return my device to "stock" after using iPhonesimfree or the likes? i would hate to do a carrier unlock just to screw myself since ATT is coming here anyways..

I might be impatient, but these switch overs NEVER happen when they say they will...

I thought about biting the bullet and just signing up for a ATT contract BUT i don't think they will let me In AK, cause were still technically under dobson....whew.. hopefully that made a lil sense..

Thanks in advance for the time and thought in replys..

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
If your gonna be using AT&T then I'd wait (if they are gonna switch names & all product branding etc to AT&T).

Ity could be months though, as there's usually a transition period of 3-6months when cell companies buy each other out. Like when Bt Cellnet became 02, it took quite some time. Also when One2One were bought out by T-Mobile, their service went straight down the pan.

On a side note, which country are you in? If u ARE NOT in the USA using an iPhone on AT&T (and you want to use AT&T in your country) then you will have 2 unlock anyway as the US iPhone only recognizes the standard US Sim that comes with it until it is unlocked.

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
If your gonna be using AT&T then I'd wait (if they are gonna switch names & all product branding etc to AT&T).

Ity could be months though, as there's usually a transition period of 3-6months when cell companies buy each other out. Like when Bt Cellnet became 02, it took quite some time. Also when One2One were bought out by T-Mobile, their service went straight down the pan.

On a side note, which country are you in? If u ARE NOT in the USA using an iPhone on AT&T (and you want to use AT&T in your country) then you will have 2 unlock anyway as the US iPhone only recognizes the standard US Sim that comes with it until it is unlocked.
AK is Alaska.