Just Sold iPhone 4S AT&T 64GB - Did I Get A Good Deal?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Michael Baturin, Sep 11, 2012.

?

Is the $400 I took for an iPhone 4S 64GB AT&T A Good Deal?

1. Dude! Are you insane! You could have gotten way more!

38.1%
  2. That's a fair deal, think of this way, you broke even. Kind of.

61.9%
  1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist

After some serious research around the web, it seems this year, unlike past years, iPhones are simply not selling for the premium resale values I am used to getting. For example I've sold every iPhone since the first within $50 (plus or minus) of the non-subsidized price. After checking around the web, my iPhone 4S AT&T 64GB seems to be struggling to sell for more than $400. eBay Instant was offering exactly $400 for the iPhone, so in a very uncharacteristic nature (afraid the announcement could cause that number to plumet as the ebay market becomes saturated with them), I sold mine to eBay. So let me know in the poll and thread, did I get a good deal.

FYI - I purchased the phone for $399 with a 2 year re-up at launch.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator

If you break even, you're set for an upgrade with no out-of-pocket cost, and that's a great deal. I got $300 for my iPhone 4 last winter and I felt pretty good about that since it was the exact price that I paid for it more than a year earlier.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius

Saw a story on Cnet about the market being flooded BIG time with 4&4s devices right now. More so than when the 4s was released. Could be a big factor why price points are below average.
  5. tzinsava

tzinsava New Member

NOW YOU CAN GET THE IPHONE 5 AND STILL HAVE MONEY LEFT COOL!!!!!!
  6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius

I went to Gazelle a few minutes ago just to see what I could get for my iPhone 4S 64GB and they quoted me $400.:eek: So I agreed and they're sending me a box. As soon as I get my iPhone 5 or The New iPhone on the 21st, I'll send it right out to them. This was the second time I got a quote for my 4S from Gazelle. The first quote was Friday and it was only $314.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist

I know eBay Instant, what I used, has the following conditions:

The shipment of the Seller's Product(s) confirms the Seller's acceptance of the Company's price and condition offer. It is the responsibility of the Seller to ship all Product(s) using one of the shipping methods provided by the Company within 7 days of the initial offer date. If the Product(s) are postmarked within 7 days of the initial offer date, the Company’s initial offer will be valid, unless the device does not meet the stated condition. See Exceptions and Return Policy below for more details on what happens if the device does not meet the stated condition.

This means I have to send it within 7 days from today. Out of curiosity, I checked out Gazelle and there is a 30 day quotenguarantee so it seems they would have been the better choice! Crap! Looks like im using the dreaded blackberry torch alone for a couple weeks :-(
  8. Jeff71hotrod

Jeff71hotrod Member

eBay instant offered me $170 for my iPhone 4...... Now that's a low ball offer!!!!
  9. EricSjos

EricSjos New Member

You did better than me. I just sold my 4s 64gb Verizon for $355. That's before all the fees.
  10. Jeff71hotrod

Jeff71hotrod Member

How much are fees on eBay?
  11. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor

Wow, I have a Verizon iPhone 4S 64GB and Gazelle only offered $310. Bummer for the CDMA phones.
  12. cheekymeeko

cheekymeeko Member

^Did the prices drop by $100? When did you guys sell it for $400 and with what service?
  13. Docd

Docd Contributor

If you accept and offer on eBay instant sale can you back out if you change you mind or are you locked in?
  14. prott1

prott1 Member

Honestly, since I'm hatin the lack of voice/data at the same time, I'm just keeping my 4S on ATT... It's only money right.. I'll just need holsters for both the left & right side hips... :D
  15. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Hi, I'm Chris!

They just offered me $235.00 for my iPhone 4 32GB.
  16. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Hi, I'm Chris!

Gazelle just offered me $185 for my 32GB iPhone 4 AT&T. Instant Sale is better. I wonder if I list it on bay, with a reserve and throw in a bunch of extra accessories, like cases and the LifeProof case, if that will make the deal more sweet.
  17. Mommy

Mommy Zealot

Best buy quoted me 235 buy back. 32 gb iPhone 4
  18. chazm

chazm Contributor

I won't do instant sale on eBay. I do the same thing every year, a 1 day auction. I start it at $9.99 and do free shipping in the US and international shipping for an extra $30. That way I can track it internationally and I won't get screwed.
  19. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor

I just sold 16gb black 4 with 8 cases on eBay for $295 1 day auction. No one was buying "buy now"
  20. april eom

april eom New Member

I sold mine a week ago though. I got 450 out of my iphone 4s white 16gb because of this launch. it probably did deflate on the 12th though
  21. NYR2405

NYR2405 New Member

I just sold my iPhone 4s 32 gb and griffin case for 407 on eBay. Now just hoping and praying that they pay.