Just sold my 3G buying an Android g1 today

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
I am tired of the boring 3g.

don't get me wrong. the 3g is solid. But boring.

I have jail broken, and tweaked my 3g. yawn.

I have previously come from a developer community. Where we constantly pushed each other to tweak and develop our platform.

The iPhone community is filled with 5% geeks, whom i love, and 95% soccer moms, which i hope to love, but have no geek love for.

I have been a

Hitachi g1000 user
htc 6600
htc 6800
htc 6700
htc 6900

user. The communitys were huge, and geeky, and always developing.

If your confused, then go to ppcgeeks . com, or xda-developers . com and then you will understand.

I sold my 6800 and bought the iPhone. Its fun and slick. But im soooo bored.

I am going the Android rout. If only for the community spirit.

Its been fun.

Tell BigSix, he's 95% in the closet. Only his boyfriend really knows.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I got bored reading that.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Good luck with the G1 ... Android does look pretty cool, perhaps by the time they release the G5 or so they hardware will look equally impressive.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Man I love my iPhone but the G1 has all of those buttons. And it runs on T-Mobile's expanding 3G network!

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Man I love my iPhone but the G1 has all of those buttons. And it runs on T-Mobile's expanding 3G network!
LOL --- We don't have 3G here in Tucson yet, dang it ... Actually, I really look forward to the slew of real world reviews coming from actual users. I called the T-Mobile store here in Tucson and the agent said "We have one for the store, and it works surprisingly well one edge." --- I am still laughing.

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
the g1 looks like it's fun to use but I have say it's one ugly phone and if you do stay with a touch screen iPhone is the best by far and if your a keyboard guy then I would go with the bold....the g1 is more like I phone I would play with for 1h or 2 and the give it back it has nothing that really attracts me....but that's just me I hope u enjoy it

macc55

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
OK? And you are here why? Your point is?Tell you your dog or something, why would anyone in THIS FORUM GIVE A S----CRAP?!:p

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I Care. Nice to know when people leave us for other devices. Or how folks have joined us for that matter.

Jul 25, 2008
t-mobile = teh suck around here.

Seriously they're like worse than sprint.

OCiBot

May 9, 2008
CO
I must admit that I love new devices which is the reason for my own financial crisis but the looks of the G1 don't impress me much. However, I've never tried one so I can't be too critical. Regardless, I just love the iPhone and thanks to the EIC I might just have a new one, soon. The iPhone does leave a lot to be desired unless there's a "jailbreak" but I'm still happy with mine.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
The Android technology looks good, but couldn't they have picked a better phone? That is like the ugliest phone I have ever seen. Who picked it? Some mainframer or something?

But I guess the next Android phone (hopefully HTC Touch HD) will rock. That will be good competition for the iPhone. Apple needs competition to get it to move quicker with iPhone updates.