Just sold my 3G buying an Android g1 today

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I used the G1 today for a little bit. I liked it a lot, but maybe it was because it's something new. I did like the browser for how fast it loaded and rendered pages. The texting part is somewhat foreign to me, since I am so used to the iPhone and opening up the keyboard is not something I am used to right now. I am also not used to the use of the menu button on the phone, which the iPhone does not use. I feel the iPhone is a more streamlined phone in terms of usability, but I can see the G1 being great for people that don't like the iPhone or people who like Tmobile better, or people that don't want to break their contract.
The one reason why I cannot recommend the G1 to people here in Hawaii is because there is no T-Mobile 3G network in our state. And even a G1 user here told me that there is no plans for a 3G network in the foreseeable future. This G1 user *hopes* that T-Mobile rolls out 3G sometime next year. That's like iPhone users *hoping* for cut & paste.

And, according to the T-Mobile site EDGE in our state is quite spotty. For a phone that's supposed to provide a great internet experience, it would be tough to achieve that without a GREAT connection.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
No, just the iPhone. One of the 200+ (or was it 300+ ?) patents introduced by Apple with the original iPhone :D

NO WONDER no one else has made such a high quality and very smart touch technology.

Apple holds the patents, which is why its taken quite some time for the competition to even get to simple touch screen.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
LOL ... That forum hasn't even really taken off. I still think the iPhone is the better device. Although I am excited to test drive a Storm when it is released.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Well most of the other forums are well established Windows/simbian forums.

EIC, and modmyiPhone are pretty much the TOP when it comes to iPhone forums.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Yeah, i love how this forum is soo up to date on the latest news regarding Apple products/problems/apps.

Which reminds me, that thread about the Gizmodo one step closer to 3g freedom, needs to be on the main page for news ASAP.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
is that thing any good? im planning on buy that porsche design phone. looks tight cost abit more, but i like the idea of how im not running into another iPhone everywhere i go haha. 300 black in the us and 60 white so they're kinda limited whihch i was told

chrisbone123

Aug 8, 2007
my 2 cents. ( trying to be unbiased)..

tmobile is the worst....

service is horrible..

customer support is horrible...

customer care for phone problems is horrible..

the G1 phone look ugly...

the keyboard and buttons really defeats the touch screen idea..

it looks awkward to use..

the open platform is a great idea and will make it awesome to play with..

to me it looks like a next gen sidekick..

but to each his/her own.

and yes im speaking as a former ( tmoblie / sidekick customer).

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Yeah, i love how this forum is soo up to date on the latest news regarding Apple products/problems/apps.

Which reminds me, that thread about the Gizmodo one step closer to 3g freedom, needs to be on the main page for news ASAP.
Haha, sweet. I would love to see it up there. I posted it, but no one commented?

Haze347

Jul 10, 2007
i am tired of the boring 3g.

don't get me wrong. The 3g is solid. But boring.

I have jail broken, and tweaked my 3g. Yawn.

I have previously come from a developer community. Where we constantly pushed each other to tweak and develop our platform.

The iPhone community is filled with 5% geeks, whom i love, and 95% soccer moms, which i hope to love, but have no geek love for.

I have been a

hitachi g1000 user
htc 6600
htc 6800
htc 6700
htc 6900

user. The communitys were huge, and geeky, and always developing.

If your confused, then go to ppcgeeks . Com, or xda-developers . Com and then you will understand.

I sold my 6800 and bought the iPhone. Its fun and slick. But im soooo bored.

I am going the Android rout. If only for the community spirit.

Its been fun.

Tell bigsix, he's 95% in the closet. Only his boyfriend really knows.
no one cares peace out