Just sold my iPhone, do I include the SIM card?

ah533

Aug 19, 2007
Hello.
I lurked on this board a lot when the iPhone first came out and have been back recently checking for updates. I have decided to buy the 3G version on Friday so tonight I put my 1st Generation up on eBay. I was surprised when it sold within one minute of posting it!

My question though is, when I ship the iPhone, do I include the Sim card? I will be shipping it Friday after I purchase the new one. Do I need to keep the original SIM? does the new owner need it? Does it include any personal info?

I plan on wiping the phone clean first and restoring it as a new phone. I am just not familiar with whether to include the SIM or not.

Thanks!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Keep the SIM card!
That has all your AT&T personal info on it basically. Its pretty much your account.
The new owner will have his own SIM card, or can get his own.

ah533

Aug 19, 2007
Keep the SIM card!
That has all your AT&T personal info on it basically. Its pretty much your account.
The new owner will have his own SIM card, or can get his own.
Alright, thanks. I wonder if the buyer is going to expect a SIM to be included and complain after it arrives though. Will I need the original SIM for my new iPhone or will they put a new SIM card in at the Apple Store?

Thanks for your help

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Alright, thanks. I wonder if the buyer is going to expect a SIM to be included and complain after it arrives though. Will I need the original SIM for my new iPhone or will they put a new SIM card in at the Apple Store?

Thanks for your help
Then shouldnt complain and if they do, ignore them about it. Your SIM card isn't theres to keep.

And the new iPhone at the AT&T store will automatically come with a new SIM.

ksennette

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Oakland, Calif.
Then shouldnt complain and if they do, ignore them about it. Your SIM card isn't theres to keep.

And the new iPhone at the AT&T store will automatically come with a new SIM.
Can i use my old v1 sim card in the v2 iPhone? My iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked.