Just thinking out loud here...a Cingular/AT&T plan I'd like to see!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I currently have a plan with rollover minutes. I rarely use the phone itself, so at the end of the month I have a bunch of leftover minutes.

I like the rollover minute idea, since it's kind of like "Ya don't lose them if you don't use them". But that's not 100% true.

Each month I notice that a certain amount of the rollover minutes "Expire". :(

Here's what I'd like to see..

Set up an "Account" for the expired rollover minutes. Then have them equal out to something like "For every 200 expired minutes, you get a free iTunes song"

Of course I doubt that will ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice? :)

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I also don't use my phone as much as some of the other features and have had ideas like this as well. Something like not having to pay the bill one month by trading in te minutes. I like the idea of getting free songs but music really isn't an issue for me. But if Apple ends up creating ring tones you can buy for the iPhone then the trade would be an excellent plan.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
But look at it from their p.o.v. They could care less if you used the minutes or not, you still payed for them.

MikeT77

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
People need to read the terms of the service agreement before signing up. Rollover minutes do expire.....a year after they accrue. If you sign up in January 2007, and your first rollover is 200 minutes, that 200 minutes carries for one full year and then expires. So for your first year, you would roll over any unused minutes for each month....in month 13, the minutes from month 1 would expire, but unused month 13 minutes would roll over. I've kept about a 2,200 minute rollover balance on average since going to Cinguar/AT&T in November 2004.

People need to read the terms of the service agreement before signing up. Rollover minutes do expire.....a year after they accrue. If you sign up in January 2007, and your first rollover is 200 minutes, that 200 minutes carries for one full year and then expires. So for your first year, you would roll over any unused minutes for each month....in month 13, the minutes from month 1 would expire, but unused month 13 minutes would roll over. I've kept about a 2,200 minute rollover balance on average since going to Cinguar/AT&T in November 2004.

I did read the terms of my contract and was/am fully aware of the policy.

I was just saying that it would be nice if you could "cash them in" so to speak. Kind of like S&H green-stamps.

Thus far, I have lost no sleep over expiring minutes, so I guess I'm doing ok. ;)

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I got thousands of rollover minutes. Love having em since I never worry about going over my minutes in a particular month. Hey sometimes I spend all my anytime minutes in a month sometimes only use half.