Just wanted to say HI

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

neon0107

Dec 19, 2007
Round Rock TX
Hello to all, I am new to the site and have been a happy iPhone owner now for about 4 weeks. I love the phone, buy my clumsy ass dropped it two weeks ago so now I have a crack down the middle and across the top:mad:. Oh well, the phone still works. I also just bought one for my wife for Christmas and she has no idea. She said I was nuts for wanting one. Then one weekend we went into the Apple store so she could see it in person. From that moment on she has wanted one. Then she surprised me with my iPhone when I got home from work just a few days after being at the Apple store. Now that she will have hers, our next steps is getting rid of the PC's and getting some MAC's !

iPhone rocks !

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I plan on spending a lot of time on this site. Lots of good info.

Merry Christmas

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007

A word in your ear, sir - Get a couple of protective cases for the iPhones. You'll find a good assortment in the iCafe store. No, Chris didn't pay me to say that!:laugh2:

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Welcome! Sorry you dropped your phone, but glad it still works. Even better yet is hearing about your getting your wife one. As a wife who got an iPhone from her husband, I sure have no doubt about how happy it will make her. Love and iPhones go together!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
. As a wife who got an iPhone from her husband, I'm sure she will have no doubt about how happy it will make her.
I totally agree, she will love it. Although my husband says I love my iPhone better than him because I spend so much time with it~~~
Welcome, glad you found this awesome place, you'll love it here.:laugh2:

neon0107

Dec 19, 2007
Round Rock TX
Thanks everyone ! I can tell I will be spending a lot of time out here:laugh2:.

Yes, I am going to get a case, I started looking at some of the reviews last night. Hope to make my decision today. I got one for my wife so she will not do the same thing I did. I just hope I can wait till Christmas to give her the iPhone ;).

Got the blue screen of death last night (I thought they said vista would never do that. rrrriiiiiggghhhtttttt !) so hopefully we will get the mac replacements sooner than we planned. :cool:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear about those dings on your iPhone. Hopefully you'll be able to get a new one soon. I'm sure your wife will love hers!

As I'm a total Mac geek, I obviously support your decision to move over to Macs. Just one more thing you'll be getting from Apple that you'll love!

Merry Christmas!

- John

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Welcome to EIC. I'm really glad to see some more iPhone owners around Christmas. I have a distinct feeling we're going to have quite a few more members around here come January 1st.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Welcome to EIC. I'm really glad to see some more iPhone owners around Christmas. I have a distinct feeling we're going to have quite a few more members around here come January 1st.

I predict a rough day for iTunes, lets see if they learned from last years shutdown of the system with all the people going to the site to activate and purchase downloads.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear about those dings on your iPhone. Hopefully you'll be able to get a new one soon. I'm sure your wife will love hers!

As I'm a total Mac geek, I obviously support your decision to move over to Macs. Just one more thing you'll be getting from Apple that you'll love!

Merry Christmas!

- John
I think I'm getting an iMac for Christmas! Can't wait to have a trouble-free computer. I build my own with good, high-dollar components, but Windows.......:oops:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Thanks everyone ! I can tell I will be spending a lot of time out here:laugh2:.

Yes, I am going to get a case, I started looking at some of the reviews last night. Hope to make my decision today. I got one for my wife so she will not do the same thing I did. I just hope I can wait till Christmas to give her the iPhone ;).

Got the blue screen of death last night (I thought they said vista would never do that. rrrriiiiiggghhhtttttt !) so hopefully we will get the mac replacements sooner than we planned. :cool:
Welcome to EIC, I just got the SwitchEasy Capsule, it's sweet!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
What happens when the screen goes bad in 2 or 3 years. The screen is the computer right?
That's a good question. I would guess that hopefully, if it did go bad in a few years, that I would be in the market for a new one anyway. That would make a good excuse for me to do so!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
That's a good question. I would guess that hopefully, if it did go bad in a few years, that I would be in the market for a new one anyway. That would make a good excuse for me to do so!

My 9 year old son is at my shoulder telling me to type that because we saw the iMac at Best Buy yesterday.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Referring to the Mac screen thing.

I'm in the market for a new Mac every two to three years. However, I did have a PPC Mac at one time for five years. It worked just as well on the last day as it did on the first.

However, if you're still worried about it, you can get a Mac Mini or Mac Pro, both computers only, not attached to a display.

- John