Just wanted to say thanks to everythingiCafe user community

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Just a quick thanks to all you peeps for providing some great info here. I am/was a verizon customer who was 50/50 on going iPhone or the LG voyager. I got the iPhone with the intention of trying it for 14 days and take the 10% hit if i didn't like the phone, Edge network etc...

I am not a fan of hacking my stuff. It is cool and all, but just not for me.
Thanks to folks here, i created my own ringtones off of music I ALREADY own! Then i used DVD Decrypter, followed by Videora iPhone conversion that worked flawlessly with my copy of Gone In 60 Seconds. I will do transformers tonight.

I got some great tips about my concern with the battery issue and the iPhone seems to now hold its charge for over a day if I need it at "medium" use.

The battery was a big deal and i was ready to turn it in. Now at the aggrivation of my wife, i will switch my Verizon phone number over and sta with AT&T. While my wife stays on verizon b/c so many family/friends are on verizon. So if i need to make a long call, i will just use her phone.

It will cost me more in minutes, but dang if i care b/c i love this phone.

As more details come out about the voyager, i see it will pale in comparison.
Sorry Verizon, 9 year customer is gone b/c you cant get your act together in getting exciting phones. Its what customers want.

So thanks to all you peeps and i will be around to keep reading and offer advice if i can! :laugh2:

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Welcome to the new ATT. You will enjoy your phone till the end. However,
don't curse if you live in an area where you have problems with EDGE.

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Verizon never worked in the basement office i work in. EDGE does! AT home it is the same, at my parents house, i get maybe one bar. At the rents, verizon has all bars. I thoughly tested the phone in all locations i will be at the most. Not as great, but not bad enough for me to curse it. :)

smitty24

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Lakeland, FL
just think, if you don't like Cingular, oops i mean ATT, you can always switch to Tmobile and unlock it like i did and keep this awesome phone...since the iPhone isn't 3G, your using edge anyways, and in my area, central florida, tmobile had excellent service, edge included.