Just went to AT&T and made a direct fullfilment order, some interesting comments

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Since my AT&T store only gets like 15 iPhones a week in stock I figured I should go ahead and do a direct fullfillment order.

So I went in, told them all the needed info and the manager serves me and starts typign away at his computer.

While he's going at it I asked him to confirm that this will only add the data plan to my line and won't change my parents family plan or any of the other lines. He prompty tells me "We have to take you out of the family plan and start you on your own contract". I asked him if he could double check that, so he goes into some room in the back of the store and I'm thinking "great, I'm about to experience one of the service horror stories".

But then this girl comes out with the manager in tow, she couldn't have been older then 25 (manager is 45+) and she (thankfully) tells me correctly that nothing in the plan will change except for the 3G data plan being added onto my line.

But here's where it got a little interestingto watch. She starts instructing the 'manager' on how to take my direct fullfillment order. So she looks at his screen and asks him what he's done so far and then gets onto his case about how he isn't even on the right screen for direct fullfillment but he's processing it like I'm getting the phone today.

So then she starts babystepping him through the entire process, but in a really disrespectful way (sounded a lot like a teenager who is answering a really annoying question from their parents). So I'm standing there and she's making this 'manager' look and sound like a complete fool, and herself like a disrespectful punk.

Needless to say I'm glad she was there and knew what she was doing, but I felt sorry for how she treated the person who I assume is her boss. He just took it too.

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
maybe she has an attitude because her manager is an idiot, and she feels that she should be getting paid equal or more than this guy.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
maybe she has an attitude because he is sleeping with her and won't give her a raise or a better discount on her own phone?

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Im sorry but I highly doubt he was a manager.... I am a manager for AT&T and I'm 26.... I have never met a manager for AT&T that was older than 35.... it would be hard for me to believe that there is a manager that doesn't know how to take direct fullfilment order and doesn't know about iPhone plans and what not.....

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
When you pic your phone up, take a pic of her with your new iPhone3G & post it up here so we can make a fair assessment of whether she deserves a "raise".:p

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Im sorry but I highly doubt he was a manager.... I am a manager for AT&T and I'm 26.... I have never met a manager for AT&T that was older than 35.... it would be hard for me to believe that there is a manager that doesn't know how to take direct fullfilment order and doesn't know about iPhone plans and what not.....
Considering the OP said his store only gets about 15 iPhones a week in stock, I am going to go on a limb and say his store probably isn't a very busy one. And his store probably not being that busy, doesn't do a lot of direct fullfillment orders, or iPhone orders.

And since the phone only hit market a few days ago, it's conceivable even an almighty ATT mangaer may have had to get a jumpstart from someone who probably uses the system a lot more than he does. Here in Aventura, FL, none of the managers in my ATT are UNDER 35.

And it took one of them over an hour to figure out how to reverse upgrade my account when a 16gig was scanned into my new 3G plan instead of the 8gig that I wanted.

I've learned to never doubt anything anymore.

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I'm getting tired of the direct fufillment crap. I'm not doing it and I will have a phone long before most people who do do it. These phones went on sale Friday. How does that manager know they only get 15 a week? One of two things are certain. Either these losers who work in the ATT store have no idea when or how many iPhones they will receive or they do know and are lying about it. The minute I do direct fufillment, they will receive a mega shipment and I'll wait 8-10 days for mine.

Donnie63

Jun 16, 2008
Friday I went to two AT&T stores then decided to go to the Apple store and got mine, of course I had to wait a few hours but it was well worth it. The store opened at 8 and when I left the store at 5, there was still a long line and they didn't sound like they were going to run out anytime soon.:)

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm getting tired of the direct fufillment crap. I'm not doing it and I will have a phone long before most people who do do it. These phones went on sale Friday. How does that manager know they only get 15 a week? One of two things are certain. Either these losers who work in the ATT store have no idea when or how many iPhones they will receive or they do know and are lying about it. The minute I do direct fufillment, they will receive a mega shipment and I'll wait 8-10 days for mine.
Uhh, DOF is your best bet in getting one sooner rather than later. I'm in Chicago and the Apple store has had the same line for 3 days straight (2-3 hour wait) With ativation taking 30 mins a person, that line will maintain until Apple runs out. When I went to ATT today, people who did DOF were picking theirs up today and even though my csr said 5-7 days, he said most likely I'd have mine by Friday of this week

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Friday I went to two AT&T stores then decided to go to the Apple store and got mine, of course I had to wait a few hours but it was well worth it. The store opened at 8 and when I left the store at 5, there was still a long line and they didn't sound like they were going to run out anytime soon.:)
If anyone doesn't have a job and can afford to wait a few hours during the workday, great, but at this point I'm done with the line waiting. I'd rathter wait a couple days, walk in, activate and walk out. That way I can keep my job AND still have an iPhone 3G

Donnie63

Jun 16, 2008
If anyone doesn't have a job and can afford to wait a few hours during the workday, great, but at this point I'm done with the line waiting. I'd rathter wait a couple days, walk in, activate and walk out. That way I can keep my job AND still have an iPhone 3G
Well it helps when your boss is a iPhone fan and didn't have a problem with me working only a couple hours Friday. Of course standing in line didn't stop me from being accessible, several times.:p

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Well it helps when your boss is a iPhone fan and didn't have a problem with me working only a couple hours Friday. Of course standing in line didn't stop me from being accessible, several times.:p
Must be nice to have an understanding boss. I might have been able to do the same thing today with my boss out, but the Apple line I was standing didn't move after 30 mins. I got tired of it and bolted for the DOF route. Oh well, at least I can just sit back and wait for it to arrive without waiting line.

This activation process this year was totally lame. I was in and out of Apple last year in 15 mins on iDay.

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Well on friday afternoon I stopped by the store and was told they had only 15 iPhones in stock that morning when it launched, and there were more then 15 people waiting in line before they opened.

And I was told today that they received 3 more iPhones on saturday morning (really? is it worth shipping only 3?) and received none on sunday and none today (monday).

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
Direct fullfillment!

How are you all looking up the status of your order, I keep putting the address, and answering the questions and it doesn't give me any information.

Jun 28, 2007
Direct Fullfillment

I was there friday, and I know for a fact, I filled the first Direct Fulfillment order. I wonder when i will get my phone. AT&T's sight says backordered with my number. Any Ideas?

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
How are you all looking up the status of your order, I keep putting the address, and answering the questions and it doesn't give me any information.

put the the last 5 digits of your order number or the ordernumber under the barcode from your receipt.

and the zipcode from the AT&T store you DF it.

flipper421

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Oregon
All the stores in Oregon (8) are out of all phones at this point Apple or ATT
so I went into the ATT store just blocks away from my house today. Get this, I walked right up to the counter and I was the only customer in the store besides the 5 CSR's at 10am:) They said that they have been out of all models since about 10:30 Saturday morning, they had tons of them but ran out. They did not expect a shipment for at least 3 days and are doing DOF only. He said that all DOF orders are getting top priority shipping @ no extra charge for the next week so if I placed an order today it would ship out of the fulfillment center tomorrow and would probably be at the store in 3 days from today so that is Thursday.

I thought this was interesting as he said that Apple and ATT would not allow them to count how many in line and send the rest packing and that was their direct orders. So he said if you want to take a chance of being in the right place at the right time when we get an order that is up to you. If you place a DOF order then it will assure you of getting it.

I figured that is not the end of the world and will keep me from standing in line in 90 degree plus heat to have maybe have a shot at getting one the same day and my contract with my other carrier does not expire till 7/30 anyway. I figured my gas and time were worth it to do the DOF. So I ordered a 16Gig White iPhone on DOF I was out of there in like 20 minutes.

This will be my first iPhone and I will be happy to retire my Treo700W and enjoy what all of my friends have been enjoying for the past year. I'm so excited to finally get mine. While waiting I will be getting all my iTunes stuff in order. I have tons of movies and MP3's to load.