Just wondering if my battery is normal? HELP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 20, 2007
Ok I have been reading posts on here about everyone getting excellent battery life and not charging it for 2 days and what not... Now I would like to know if you think my battery is defective because by the time I lay down to go to sleep I have to put my phone on the charger due to the 10% battery message. Now, I do use the phone a lot while at work as far as web browsing (note: it is using wifi at work) and e-mail. After my 8 hr shift every day it is at about 50%. Am I just using my iPhone way to much or do you think I have a defective battery? Maybe im just anal lol

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I'ven noticed that watching YouTube on Wifi will kill the battery extremely quickly. It's using the Internet and Video at the same time, so the battery is gone twice as fast.

Jun 20, 2007
It's still at 50%!? You have an amazing battery! After my 8 hour shift, my iPhone battery is nearly dead.
That makes me feel a lot better because yesterday I surfed the web all day at work on it and by the time I got home I was at the 10% notification! Im glad im not the only one... it was starting to worry me : )

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
One tip. Do you have wifi set to automatically join new networks? I found on mine that this was a big battery drain. If you turn it off it will still join networks you previously joined but won't ask about joining new networks. I found a big battery life improvement by doing this.

Assuming that you are using the iPhone during your work, then I would say your battery life sounds about normal.