JVC car stereos and iPhones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fordtrbo

Oct 16, 2007
Just purchased a kd-nx5000 jvc stereo/navigation receiver for my truck and it will play iPods as advertised....unfortunately not iPhones. Also, the bluetooth will not pair with iPhones either....Called JVC and they "stated the obvious." The equipment does not work with the iPhones. So, here is my question, is it a JVC issue (firmware upgrade?) or an Apple issue? Will the companies address this at some point.........soon? Just wanted to see if any one else has had this problem! Thanks in advance!

fordtrbo

Oct 16, 2007
JVC and iPhone woes continue.....

:oops:Thanks, I tried that already, I actually turned on a song and then plugged it in. It recognizes the iPhone (it actually says this jvc unit will not work with a iPhone) Same with the bluetooth, it will not pair with the iPhone.....I hope Apple or JVC will address this problem soon, I am sure I am not the only person in North America with a iPhone/JVC combination. Thanks for trying though!

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
odd, my kenwood doesn't say it's compatible, but when i plug it in, it starts playing the ipod playlist as my kenwood controls it..

another option for audio out i tried was a wired external remote i had for my ipod; works for volume control, plugged into the dock port and has it's own 1/8th standard audio jack

fordtrbo

Oct 16, 2007
Jvc

odd, my kenwood doesn't say it's compatible, but when i plug it in, it starts playing the ipod playlist as my kenwood controls it..

another option for audio out i tried was a wired external remote i had for my ipod; works for volume control, plugged into the dock port and has it's own 1/8th standard audio jack
Same thing with a Alpine, you plug in the iPhone and it says "not compatible" but you just ignore that and it starts playing..............