Kate error

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Anyone getting an error with Kate when trying to install it? I get "bad url," any idea how to fix this? Thanks

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I had Kate on my V1 phone and I know there were problems, but there were also threads about how to avoid these problems, one of which was not downloading a program called docks. I love the program and I actually figured how to fix my error, I just had to refresh the sources screen. Thank you for your the reply, though, but I like the ability to supress the text message from popping up on top of everything when other people are using my phone and I will just take mychances and hope it doesn't screw up my phone.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
just installed then uninstallex Kate.
My contacts app kept crashing after 5 seconds...after uninstalling Kate, problem was gone

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I've had no problems whatsoever, hopefully it stays that way.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Stay away from Kate. Period. It has problems, and will cause you to eventually Restore.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Stay away from Kate. Period. It has problems, and will cause you to eventually Restore.
You convinced me, I uninstalled it, but it didn't fully uninstall. In the settings screen I still have the rip dev icon and when I click on it it still has the rip dev icon and the facelift icon. Any idea how to fully uninstall it? I only used Kate because I liked the feature that let you turn off text messahe notification. DOes anyone know of another program that does that? Thanks

snoopy79

Aug 7, 2008
I have Kate and have had no problems. it's like when you jailbreak your phone and you read of issue after issue after issue....yet there are tons of us who have had no issues. Every app comes with risks....hell I installed Tap Tap Revenge just to see what it was from the App Store....my phone crashed all day long while I had that app....uninstalled it and the phone quit crashing. Some things don't interact together, but if you liked Kate, give it a try, if it causes you grief then likely another app is going to cause you grief down the road....anyway...that's just my two cents.