Kate Middleton Baby?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Who cares?! Am I the only one who is sick of these stupid, BS news? Isn't there more substantial things we should be informed about by the mass media?!

I am no conspiracy theorist by any means but usually news stories like this royal baby, this celebrity is dating that celebrity, big time criminal cases, etc. are usually just made to mask real issues like certain bills being passed or a real story the government doesn't want to cause hysteria over. Unfortunately most of the country/world is so wrapped up in main stream media that it doesn't really see whats going on behind closed doors.. I personally hate the news especially local news now I know I am in philly but our local news is usually nothing but hate filled and sad with terrible weather reports that turn out to be right about 30% of the time.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I am no conspiracy theorist by any means but usually news stories like this royal baby, this celebrity is dating that celebrity, big time criminal cases, etc. are usually just made to mask real issues like certain bills being passed or a real story the government doesn't want to cause hysteria over. Unfortunately most of the country/world is so wrapped up in main stream media that it doesn't really see whats going on behind closed doors.. I personally hate the news especially local news now I know I am in philly but our local news is usually nothing but hate filled and sad with terrible weather reports that turn out to be right about 30% of the time.
I agree with your views on local news, I'm in the Northeast too and can relate.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I care, not because I'm British but it's a significant event in history. That young prince is now third in-line to the throne and could/probably be King in my lifetime.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, though.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Not to mention the whole buzz that surrounded Kim Kardashian and her husband on what they named their baby and such. The media is becoming a worse entity than it ever was. You all know we've been dealing with major political issues ever since the January 25th revolution and then the recent June 30th one uprising which ousted Morsi, and I must say that the media has been absolutely horrendous (especially international ones like BBC and Al-Jazeera) and I'd like them to get the heck out of my country. At the same time, however, social media has been tremendous ever since the January 25th revolution and I am really glad that people over here finally started using the internet for awareness, uncovering the lies of the media, stating the truth with evidence and such.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hey Tarek, please try to steer away from political views on eiC as it's governed under our forum guidelines. I hope you understand :)

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I care, not because I'm British but it's a significant event in history. That young prince is now third in-line to the throne and could/probably be King in my lifetime.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, though.
The only thing important about this day is it shows how many stupid people are still out there. I am not directing this comment to you iPhonewarrior. In an era where we have so many important events happening in our world, this is what the masses crave. Sad indeed.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
The only thing important about this day is it shows how many stupid people are still out there. I am not directing this comment to you iPhonewarrior. In an era where we have so many important events happening in our world, this is what the masses crave. Sad indeed.
Probably because of all the crap / sadness that is the news. It gives them something decent to think about. ?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If you think it's sad, then fair enough but what you're calling sad is another persons culture. I for one am happy to see something like this in the news, rather than some random person running around London murdering people... but that's just me. I'm not taking this personal as it's just the internet, but don't stereotype people by calling them stupid for getting a sense of happiness from the birth of a future king.

From a mod point of view, relax a little. If you don't like it or have no interest turn to another news channel ;)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I can see John's point. It's not important to us Yanks, but it's very important culturally to the British. Even though the King/Queen are figureheads nowadays, it's still the idea of royal lineage being maintained. And, Queen Elizabeth is pretty cool. She was quite a youngster.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wouldn't say they are stupid because they care about this. The royal family are like any other celebrities to people here in the US. It's actually quite easy to understand why so many people are more interested in celebrity news than war, politics and disasters. As sad as it may be, few people know anything about a soldier who died at war today. While they aren't completely unsympathetic, it happens every day and they just don't want to focus on it and they can't relate to it. On the other hand, we know all about the royal family, and like celebrities, we sort of feel like we know and can relate to them on some level. Unlike the soldier, we can talk about them to every colleague and friend and everyone knows who we are talking about.

Maybe it satisfies a need to know that fairy tales can come true. ;)