keep 3rd party apps! come sign the petition!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Pointless endeavor. Petitions like this don't do squat. "We're not asking for a SDK but don't break our apps." Please.

It's great Apple is taking a neutral stance in the first place... they could have easily locked it all down. What we should be asking for is an official SDK so developers don't have to sidestep around Apple in the first place.

People who hack their phone should be smart enough to know how to update their software if it breaks. It's not like Apple is releasing daily software updates here...

Sep 13, 2007
Pointless endeavor. Petitions like this don't do squat. "We're not asking for a SDK but don't break our apps." Please.

It's great Apple is taking a neutral stance in the first place... they could have easily locked it all down. What we should be asking for is an official SDK so developers don't have to sidestep around Apple in the first place.

People who hack their phone should be smart enough to know how to update their software if it breaks. It's not like Apple is releasing daily software updates here...
Agreed! This is pointless.

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I read on engadget that Apple would not be pursuing the disruption of the home brew apps that we use anymore. They did say that if the updates disrupt them then so be it but there would be no more effort by them to get rid of them.

Now I can't find the link....

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I think this is pointless also. Apple's update is not going to parse the iPhone for every incarnation of every 3rd party app. It's going to look for a certain status and then force an update.

For one, I don't find many of the 3rd party apps all that useful anyway. On the next update and restore I probably won't even jailbreak again.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
To the people here that said this is pointless. People were saying the same thing when the price dropped. "It's pointless to be upset about the price drop. Apple is not going to compensate early adopters for buying their phone when it came out. It is pointless to write to them letting them know how you feel."

Well I was one of the many people who actually wrote to Apple letting them know my dissappointment. Shortly after, Apple understood they had upset their customers by doing what they did. I believe a lot of people got benefit from the actions of the people here doing these "pointless" things. We may not have been completely reimbursed, but we were partially reimbursed, and we let Apple know how we felt.

I don't think that it is pointless to let someone know how you feel about a subject matter. I also think that if Apple finds out a lot of people on a forum(of this forums stature)are upset with certain aspects of their product, they will be more likely to take actions to correct the situation. Reason being, people who own the iPhone are not the only people viewing these forums. People considering purchase of the iPhone are also here. If these potential customers see that Apple is ignoring what the vast majority of iPhone owners are asking for, they will most likely pass on purchasing. Now Apple would not enjoy that.

Shotta876

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Signed. :cool:

Also, no one is saying that it's 100% going to work, so stop acting like it.

If it works, then great!
If it doesn't then whoopty doo.. you spent 5 seconds out of your wonderful life signing the petition. Is it that big of a deal? I think not.