Keep alert on screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eze384, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Eze384

Eze384 New Member

I have alerts set for certain apps and I see it when I wake up my phone but it disappears once u out my pass code. It stays in the banner bar at the top. Is there a way to force it to stay in screen till I click ok?

2. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

No, the duration of the alert is not user-configurable. You get the standard settings and no option to change them.

3. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Go to settings// notifications/ change the alert type from "BANNER" to " ALERT". It should stay on the screen until you close it.

4. Eze384

Eze384 New Member

Just shows up before I put the pass code when phone is asleep. Dissapears right after.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

If it disappears, can you swipe down your screen to get the notification center to show? Does it list it in there?

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Once you click in, it's gone from the alert window but you can still see it at the top window, the Notification Center. You can bring the Notification Center into view by flicking down from the very top of the screen.

If you must save the alert window, for diagnostic reasons or whatever, you may be able to take a screen shot of it before you enter your passcode. This post addresses how to achieve that feat:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/how-to-take-screenshot-of-locked-screen.33333/

It doesn't sound like it's gonna be fun.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager. Problem?