Keep getting code error 3194

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lowram00, Aug 24, 2010.

1. lowram00

lowram00 Member
    Bronze

im running 4.0.1 and its jailbroken and im trying restore with 4.0.1 but keep getting error 3194 anyone know why and how i get it to restore with 4.0.1

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Are you stuck in recovery mode? If so, try using Tiny Umbrella to kick your iPhone out of recovery mode. Worked for me.

3. lowram00

lowram00 Member
    Bronze

naw the phone not in recovery mode just at the normal running i just hit restore and shift pick 4.0.1 then after min get error code

4. Casebrius

Casebrius Member
    Bronze

I have an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1 and have saved SHSH blobs from when I had 4.1 using TU. I am trying to downgrade to 4.1 so I can jailbreak. I have Umbrella pointed at directory with SHSH from 4.1 and started the TSS server.

When I try to downgrade, iTunes extracts 4.1 software, then tries to verify with iTunes and kicks me out with error 3194.

iTunes v. 10.1.1.4

How do I resolve this?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Make sure you are using the latest version of TinyUmbrella and put the iPhone in DFU mode prior to the restore. If you still get 3xxx errors, edit your Hosts file so it points to Saurik's server and then shift+restore.

6. Casebrius

Casebrius Member
    Bronze

Sorry I'm a no0b, how do I do that?

note: my SHSH from 4.1 were never stored on saurick's server because I never jailbroke while on 4.1.

my hosts file looks like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

8. Casebrius

Casebrius Member
    Bronze

OK, I have done all that was suggested. The only address in my hosts file is : 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    It still kicks me out with error 3194.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If you used TinyUmbrella to back up 4.1, it should have stored the SHSH in Cydia as well as your computer. Does it list your 4.1 SHSH at the top of the Cydia homepage?

Remove the # sign before Saurik's server address and try again.

10. Casebrius

Casebrius Member
    Bronze

There is no # sign in front of saurik's server now.
    I don't think I had an internet connection when I stored my SHSH with Tiny Umbrella, so I don't think they are on Saurik's server.
    I don't understand what you mean "Does it list your 4.1 SHSH at the top of the Cydia homepage?" -I am not jailbroken right now.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay, if you don't have it stored in Cydia, edit your Hosts file so it looks like this and try using TinyUmbrella again:

#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

This is what I was referring to:

[​IMG]

12. Casebrius

Casebrius Member
    Bronze

Tried, No go. Still a 3194
    I greatly appreciate the help BTW.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What OS? I would suggest using another computer, especially if you are using 64 bit Windows, but you don't have 4.1 stored in Cydia, so you need to use your computer as the server and TinyUmbrella. You could probably copy and move your SHSH to another computer.

You have the latest version of TinyUmbrella and you're putting the phone in DFU mode first, right?

14. Casebrius

Casebrius Member
    Bronze

XP, no other computer options. Yes, latest TU version and putting in DFU. How can I get my SHSH added to Saurik's server?

15. Casebrius

Casebrius Member
    Bronze

I think I've figured out my problem. When I first got my iPhone 4, I could not get the VVM working and I swapped it for a new phone. I thought for sure these SHSH were from the most recent phone, but now I'm having my doubts since this is not working.

16. Nathan Wong

Nathan Wong New Member

I'm getting an error everytime I want to update or restore to the current firmware I'm on (4.3.4). I have done google searches and have done the Tiny Umbrella stuff but I still get the error code 3194. I have jailbreaked my iPhone 4 and decided not to have it anymore... doesn't make sense? lol. Please help me update :S

17. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I believe this happens because of a non-up-to-date version of iTunes. Make sure the version of iTunes you are using is the version needed to install 4.3.4 which I believe is version 10.4 (current public release)

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You just need to fix your hosts file so it points to Apple, not Cydia. You can open your hosts file and removed Cydia's Server address or you can install TinyUmbrella and uncheck the 'set hosts to Cydia on exit' box.
    Here are more detailed directions.

19. Nathan Wong

Nathan Wong New Member

@Citsur86 My iTunes is version 10.4.0.80.
    @Europa I've done that. Still gives me the 3194 error =\

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Which method did you use? If you used the second method, did you click Apply Changes and reboot after unchecking the Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit box?