keep getting package download failure

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I just did the jailbreak and have been trying to use the installer to get back all the cool stuff I had with it on 1.1.2. Some reason it keeps giving me package failed to download no matter what I try to download! Aghhhh! Any ideas what's going on?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
What are you trying to download?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
go into settings, general, reset, and try resetting your network settings and then trying again.

Also, if you try to install something and it fails, it's still first in the install queue.
Try installing again, but after hitting the install button in the upper right, select remove from queue and then move on to the next thing you want to install.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I had this same problem this morning. I shut off my phone and restarted it (slide and reboot) and it is working now. Not sure if that will fix yours or whether this was just a fluke but it worked for me.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I just did the jailbreak and have been trying to use the installer to get back all the cool stuff I had with it on 1.1.2. Some reason it keeps giving me package failed to download no matter what I try to download! Aghhhh! Any ideas what's going on?
This could be caused by a number of things:

1. You're running out of space. You can free some up by using BossTools.

2. The queue feature is stuck. To fix it, try to install another app, but this time, hit "clear queue" first.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I have tried all of that and still get the failure error

Jan 24, 2008
St. Andrews
I kept getting the same error, restarting the phone helped most of the time, but i was becoming fed up, so i did a restore-jailbreak-unlock again. everything seems to be working fine now

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I posted this somewhere else, but I'll post it here too.
The reason for the package failure is that you haven't updated Community Sources since you jailbroke it. Normally, it shows up as an update right after you refresh the installer for the first time. For some reason this doesn't happen as of late. Go into installer and then into Sources and choose the newest Community Sources. If you don't see it, I'm not sure what to tell you.
if it fails to install, then clear the install queue and reboot and then try again.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I re-did my jailbreak today and was getting the same message when trying to re-install everything. I waited for about 15 minutes, and all was well.

- John

Tank863

Jul 19, 2007
Philadelphia
I posted this somewhere else, but I'll post it here too.
The reason for the package failure is that you haven't updated Community Sources since you jailbroke it. Normally, it shows up as an update right after you refresh the installer for the first time. For some reason this doesn't happen as of late. Go into installer and then into Sources and choose the newest Community Sources. If you don't see it, I'm not sure what to tell you.
if it fails to install, then clear the install queue and reboot and then try again.
Thank you Hawk... it worked like a charm

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Glad to hear it. I had this problem too. I jailbroke mine initially with the jailbreak.cmd, then with 2.1, getting very frustrated. It wasn't till after the third time that I was try to install VNSea and accidentally scrolled and tapped too fast and went into Sources and saw that there was a newer version of community Sources. After that, everything was Cake.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
new update to community sources came out today. ( or at least I got an update notification on it.) Version 3.6 is now out.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Well I just looked in installer and I don't have a community source! I checked recent packages and under all and nothing.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Community Sources is a group of sources. BigBoss, Conceited, ModMyiFone, and Ste.
If you click on Sources in installer, it's generally right under AppTapp Official.
But inthe Install section, just scroll down to Sources and look in there. It should be there. I have noticed that there have been problems with it until about noon eastern time on any given day.

duckdogdrake

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
I have tried everything and still can't install BSD subsystem. I'm on my third jailbreak and still no luck.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have tried everything and still can't install BSD subsystem. I'm on my third jailbreak and still no luck.
That might actually be a problem with the server- NOT with your phone. Try something else, but make sure that you clear the install queue first

duckdogdrake

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
That might actually be a problem with the server- NOT with your phone. Try something else, but make sure that you clear the install queue first
I'm trying that again now. I removed from queue first and went and downloaded iSMS. It downloaded properly and I'm trying BSD again. Do I need to hit, add to queue, evertime I download something?