Keep it or Take it back

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adambodkins, Oct 17, 2011.

1. adambodkins

adambodkins Member
    Bronze

So I purchased a 32 gig wifi ipad 2 a few weeks ago. I had the ipad 1 and loved it. But now with the ipad 2 and having purchased an macbook air a few weeks ago as well I find myself barely picking the ipad 2 up, mostly reading a book or watching a show on crackle. It literally hasn't been plugged in since the first day I brought it home except to update to iOS 5. I just feel like maybe I don't need it. I picked up an iPhone 4s two days ago and when I come home it goes on the dock for music. Now at work I can't put my iPhone down. Constantly receiving emails and what not from the boss as well as other people in life. My question to you is should I really just let it sit and collect dust or take it back. I mean I did pay over 700.00 for it at the store.

2. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Put it on cragslist or ebay. I'd buy it if I could afford to.;)

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Taking it back he will get all his money back. Selling it on cl or eBay he won't.

4. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Actually that's a good point. Just depends how long he's had it though. Some places now say 14 days for a full refund if you're in the UK.

5. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist
    Gold

I would return it, then use the money to buy accessories and apps for the MacBook, and 4s. If they're what you use most.

6. adambodkins

adambodkins Member
    Bronze

Well I completely forgot about this. I took it back. The manager at the store stated he couldn't take it back because I was 2 days over the 15 day return policy. I expressed the situation. The manager had me call Apple and verify that If I had purchased it in the Apple store that I could have brought it back in 30 days. I did this with Apple on Speaker phone. After that conversation the manager still refused to take the ipad back. So accepting defeat I walked quietly out of the store and into my car. I was understanding that the managers hands were tied. So about to pull out of the parking lot. I stopped and called the corporate office and expressed to them the situation. I made sure I told them the manager at their store was completely professional and did what he could to attempt to satisfy my needs. The customer service representative at the corporate office placed me on hold and came back on the line and advised me to go back into the store and I would find the manager waiting for me at the returns department. I did so and the manager was able to process the return right then and their as well as gave me an additional 5.00 on a gift card. I asked what that was for and he said he was instructed to do so by the corporate representative for the use of my cell phone. All In all I got my money back and went and bought a charger from Apple to carry with my mac book because when I go out of town I always forget mine. And I bought a case for my 4s but had to return is as well because it wouldn't fit over my zagg full body shield.

7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

That's Apple for you. Amazing!

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app

8. justines

justines New Member

Return it please,that what I will do.

9. E Pow

E Pow Member
    Bronze

It's always good to hear positive stories. It pays to remain calm in a situation. Imagine if you would have been rude and demanding your money what would have happened? The fact that your remained respectful turned out in your favor. Now, since you gained an extra $700 you should let us all borrow $10 lol!Just kidding, but seriously that's a great ending to a story. Glad it all worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app