Keep JB on 7.1.2 or update to iOS 8

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I have a dev account and have thought about updating. Just wanted to know anyone's thoughts who had a JB on iOS 7 and then upgraded to the iOS 8 beta. Do you think it's worth it? Did you downgrade to re-jailbreak you device?
Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts on it were.

Jim

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I installed the beta on my iPad for testing. I have kept iOS 7 on my iPhone since beta software is typically more buggy (it's better now that it's near the final version), some apps haven't been updated yet and I want to keep my jailbreak as long as I can.

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks, Europa. I'm interesting in trying the SMS relay and Continuity...but am not sure if it's worth it. I use remote messages tweak on my Windows computer so it wasn't like a burning desire. I'm on the Yosemite Public Beta and just had a slight itch.

Jim

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks, Europa. I'm interesting in trying the SMS relay and Continuity...but am not sure if it's worth it. I use remote messages tweak on my Windows computer so it wasn't like a burning desire. I'm on the Yosemite Public Beta and just had a slight itch.

Jim
No problem. It's not worth the trouble, in my opinion, since the public release of iOS 8 will be available in a few weeks.

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
With SMS relay, though, if both i iPad and iPhone are on iOS 8, I can text from my iPad right? As long as they are connected? I'm reading up on it on the web and I'm seeing differing reports.