Keep JB on 7.1.2 or update to iOS 8

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by flightmedic, Aug 31, 2014.

1. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

I have a dev account and have thought about updating. Just wanted to know anyone's thoughts who had a JB on iOS 7 and then upgraded to the iOS 8 beta. Do you think it's worth it? Did you downgrade to re-jailbreak you device?
    Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts on it were.

Jim

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I installed the beta on my iPad for testing. I have kept iOS 7 on my iPhone since beta software is typically more buggy (it's better now that it's near the final version), some apps haven't been updated yet and I want to keep my jailbreak as long as I can.

3. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

Thanks, Europa. I'm interesting in trying the SMS relay and Continuity...but am not sure if it's worth it. I use remote messages tweak on my Windows computer so it wasn't like a burning desire. I'm on the Yosemite Public Beta and just had a slight itch.

Jim

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No problem. It's not worth the trouble, in my opinion, since the public release of iOS 8 will be available in a few weeks.

5. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

That's what I was thinking too...I may even wait until the iOS 8 JB is available if I stay on the i5. I'm only upgrading if there's a 128GB version.

6. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

With SMS relay, though, if both i iPad and iPhone are on iOS 8, I can text from my iPad right? As long as they are connected? I'm reading up on it on the web and I'm seeing differing reports.