Keep old iPhone or sell and wait for 3G iPhone?

I

iphonepimp

I own the current iPhone 1.1.4. Should I sell it now on ebay and wait till July 11, 2008 to get the new 3G iPhone? We payed so much more for the current iPhone, honestly I don't want to sell it, I love this thing. What are you guys going to do?

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I sold my iPhone for 375.00 three weeks ago. Then I purchased a blackberry curve, and really missed the iPhone. Then a few days ago I bought a used iPhone for a little over 200.00 sold the curve. What I am going to do, is wait and sell my iPhone v1 after the 3g comes out. Just in case for some reason I cannot get the 3g. If I get the 3g iPhone, then i will sell my current iPhone. I am sure you would get more out of the iPhone on Ebay now, I imagine the price will go down once the 3g phone is available. We will wait and see, :laugh2:

ENTERT8NER

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I own the current iPhone 1.1.4. Should I sell it now on ebay and wait till July 11, 2008 to get the new 3G iPhone? We payed so much more for the current iPhone, honestly I don't want to sell it, I love this thing. What are you guys going to do?
We purchased two iPhones about 2 weeks ago. In fact a week before the Keynote address. I didn't even know there was going to be a new iPhone and the people at AT&T never said a thing. Each phone was $499 for the 16GB version. Once we got word that the new device was just around the corner, we immediately returned the iPhones and the store charged us a 10% restocking fee. I bitched like you couldn't believe and AT&T gave us a $100 credit on our bill. Point is, why would I pay $499 for a device that is lacking a few new features that the new 3G will have for only $299. I mean come on!

I miss my iPhone but July 11th is coming up so no worries on this end...I can't wait!

Oh and by the way, if I were you - sale it NOW! Before prices drop on that bad boy. ;)

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
We purchased two iPhones about 2 weeks ago. In fact a week before the Keynote address. I didn't even know there was going to be a new iPhone and the people at AT&T never said a thing. Each phone was $499 for the 16GB version. Once we got word that the new device was just around the corner, we immediately returned the iPhones and the store charged us a 10% restocking fee. I bitched like you couldn't believe and AT&T gave us a $100 credit on our bill. Point is, why would I pay $499 for a device that is lacking a few new features that the new 3G will have for only $299. I mean come on!

I miss my iPhone but July 11th is coming up so no worries on this end...I can't wait!

Oh and by the way, if I were you - sale it NOW! Before prices drop on that bad boy. ;)
You could've held onto them and traded them in and gotten a refund on the difference on v2 day since you bought them after May 27th.

But hey, sounds like you came out on top. Netted about 50 bucks and are going to upgrade anyway? Sweet.

I'm keeping mine, by the way. I do not intend on purchasing v2.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
You could've held onto them and traded them in and gotten a refund on the difference on v2 day since you bought them after May 27th.

But hey, sounds like you came out on top. Netted about 50 bucks and are going to upgrade anyway? Sweet.

I'm keeping mine, by the way. I do not intend on purchasing v2.
yes, i think il wait till v3.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I'll Keep Mine till it completely gives out on me. iPhone is the first phone that truly understood me and my needs so I'm going to rock it for another year or two.

I

iphonepimp

keeping mine

Thanks guys, I am going to keep mine for many reasons. First, who wants to sign another 2 year contract with AT&T? The iPhone would be 700 bucks without this contract. Another reason is that the current iPhone has almost all I need from a cell phone anyways.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Thanks guys, I am going to keep mine for many reasons. First, who wants to sign another 2 year contract with AT&T? The iPhone would be 700 bucks without this contract. Another reason is that the current iPhone has almost all I need from a cell phone anyways.
The new contract you sign will replace any current contract if your current contract includes the iPhone data plan.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The new contract you sign will replace any current contract if your current contract includes the iPhone data plan.
So, that's right? It will replace it instead of extend it? I don't think I've heard the official word on this.

- John

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
So, that's right? It will replace it instead of extend it? I don't think I've heard the official word on this.

- John
No John, it will replace it. You will start a new 2 year period from the time you get the new phone.:)