Keeping downloads off Cydia after restoring

Dec 8, 2008
N
Mainly directed for Cycorder, could one keep even after restoring and being "jailed" again? Is there any way to make that possible?

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Theoretically you could ssh into the apps directory on the phone, copy the cycorder app over to your computer and then once jailbroken again transfer it back to the phone. I've never tested this though.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Hard

Theoretically you could ssh into the apps directory on the phone, copy the cycorder app over to your computer and then once jailbroken again transfer it back to the phone. I've never tested this though.

Is ssh hard to do? Do u think that might also work with winterboard and its themes?

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Most people just download the app again after restoring and rejailbreaking. There's a program called aptbackup (I think) that supposedly keeps track of what jailbreak apps you've installed and automatically installs them again for you after rejailbreaking.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Good idea but...

Most people just download the app again after restoring and rejailbreaking. There's a program called aptbackup (I think) that supposedly keeps track of what jailbreak apps you've installed and automatically installs them again for you after rejailbreaking.

Thanks for the heads up but i wikk not rejailbreak because of the lag. Ill just try ssh and restore and be on stock iPhone(no jailbreak)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
oh... are you asking if you can keep Cycorder on a stock iPhone? Well the answer there is definitely no, sorry. :(

You have to be jailbroken to SSH at all.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Lol

oh... are you asking if you can keep Cycorder on a stock iPhone? Well the answer there is definitely no, sorry. :(

You have to be jailbroken to SSH at all.

Even with ssh?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You will lose OpenSSH when you restore, and you need it installed to access the phone via SSH. It's a big chicken and egg thing.

Long story short, there is no way to have a Cydia app on an iPhone without the phone being jailbroken.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
technically you could do it. you would have to make the app look like an app store app and somehow digitally sign the app with Apples digital signature. this is possible but as far as i have heard it hasn't been done yet and would be very difficult to do

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
technically you could do it. you would have to make the app look like an app store app and somehow digitally sign the app with Apples digital signature. this is possible but as far as i have heard it hasn't been done yet and would be very difficult to do
ahh.. how can you say something if possible If you have zero proof?