Keeping number

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lovemacs

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
I'm very sorry if someone has asked this already.. but watching that video, i wonder something. I am switching from Verizion to ATT for the iPhone and i was planning on bringing my phone number with me.. activation through iTunes doesn't really have that option.. right? I'm also thinking, what if i keep my verizon line open (it's 9.99 a month, not too bad) is there a way to forward the calls i get from the phone to my iPhone? Hope that wasn't confusing... any one in the same boat?

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Did you watch the video or not? It clearly shows in the video where to enter an existing phone number in iTunes from a different carrier.

I am sure Verizon offers a forwarding service that will forward to any other number. Why don't you look on their website and let us know?

- SR

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm also thinking, what if i keep my verizon line open (it's 9.99 a month, not too bad) is there a way to forward the calls i get from the phone to my iPhone? Hope that wasn't confusing... any one in the same boat?
I know it's hard to believe it could be that simple. But you don't have to worry about forwarding calls from your phone or account. As soon as you port the number to the new iPhone account all your calls will come there. You won't get anymore calls on your old Verizon phone. It'll be inactive unless you want to pick another number and activate it again.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Did you watch the video or not? It clearly shows in the video where to enter an existing phone number in iTunes from a different carrier.

I am sure Verizon offers a forwarding service that will forward to any other number. Why don't you look on their website and let us know?
Verizon does have forwarding. My phone died and I needed to get calls on that number so I called them up and they setup the forwarding to another number. If your phone is working you can do it through the phone somehow.

I really hope I can keep my number but this forwarding option might not be bad at least for a month while I let everyone know what my new number is.

lovemacs

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007

- SR
Yeah. I did watch the video, but my family was talking, we were so excited. Haha. Sorry about that! But thanks for the info guys

:laugh2:

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
WOW...who knew that activating a phone could be EASY. what a novel idea!

thank God for Apple, and its ability to simplify EVERYTHING.

Jun 25, 2007
I have a question regarding numbers and AT&T contract. My contract isn't currently up, but I see you can still get the iPhone. My question is can I change my wireless number at that time?

I didn't know if the wireless number is linked to the contract or just the account number.

dirtyd

Jun 20, 2007
if it's any help, i spoke with an AT&T rep today about my situation:
i am currently under contract with t-mobile for one more year, i am hesitant to break my contract until i am certain that i like the iPhone and (more to the point) AT&T's service. i asked if i could activate my iPhone with a new number and port my old number over in a few weeks, once i've made my decision. she said it would be no problem, and i would incur no charges for doing so.

that being said, i cannot see why simply changing your number would be any more of a problem.