Keeping track of where you're going?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
So I pull down the notifications window and there is a notification about how long it would take me to get somewhere. I tap and its directions to where I work.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371553967.720498.jpg

I'm not sure if I hate it or not, but it's definitely new.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
So I pull down the notifications window and there is a notification about how long it would take me to get somewhere. I tap and its directions to where I work.
View attachment 29885

Yeah, they mentioned this in the keynote... Kinda creepy if you ask me, tho I still leave it enabled...technically the phone is tracking you no matter what, at least they made it somewhat more useful for the user now... My only question is why if you drive there on a regular basis would they think you need directions? or is it just the route(as opposed to turn by turn)? traffic info in app?

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
View attachment 29885

I'm thinking its more about traffic conditions. The feature is more useful in waze IMO, which I use all the time to give me current ETAs.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I missed it in the keynote. I suppose if I left by there estimate I wouldn't be late for work all the time.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
I think they are trying to show off a feature where if you have appointment on your calendar with a location, you will get a 'intelligent' reminder. So if you have an appointment in Trenton at 3:00....you get a reminder to leave at 2:15 based on where you are, if you are 2 hours away you get a reminder to leave at 1:00.

Google was showing off something similar with voice at their conference, except they did it based on a prior search and knew what "there" was referring too. Something like that.