Keeps switching from WiFi to 4G?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Gach, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Gach

Gach New Member

I'm on my third replaced iPhone 5 and still having the same problem. I also did the 6.0.1 up date. Here's my problem. It keeps switching from WiFi to 4G then back to WiFi. When it does the WiFi is really slow. I'm very disappointed with this phone. My 4S was a much better phone. Now the 30 days have past and I can't get my money back. I want to go back to a 4S

#1 Gach, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  2. GolfnCPA

GolfnCPA New Member

Have you tried to renew the lease on the WiFi connection?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

What are your Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone 5? Do you have it set to your 2.4 GHz band or your 5 GHz band? You said that when it does Wi-Fi it's really slow? I routinely get better speeds when using my iPhone 5 on the 2.4 GHz band than on the 5 GHz band (you'll need a dual-band router that supports both bands, such as the http://home.cisco.com/en-apac/products/routers/E2500) . Here's a cheap one at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR - RangeMax Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with 4 Ethernet Ports/1208844.p?id=1218234872989&skuId=1208844.

Interestingly, I get better speeds on the 5 GHz band on my iMac, but slower speeds on my iPhone 5 on the same 5 GHz band, even when both are within inches of each other.

By the way, going back to your 4S won't resolve the situation. The 4S does not support the 5 GHz band. Personally, I'm thoroughly satisfied with using my iPhone 5 on the 2.4 GHz band.

4. Gach

Gach New Member

My phone is with AT&T but my home WFI is with Verizon. I've been tho that with the Apple techs when we change to 5 ghz. None of the other phone work so we had to change it back. My wife and daughter both have 4s phone and have no problem with the WFI. Never had this Problem with my 4S either. I like said I'm on my third new 5. I know others who are having the same problem.

5. Gach

Gach New Member

WFI issue resolved, restored my phone and did the 6.01 up date and the problem went away. Thanks for all you help. Very much apericate.

6. winan

winan New Member

Thanks for help.