Kernel panic galore

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Running 1.02 with no mods.

Recently I noticed that the phone appears to HATE the mail program. In the last few days, for no apparent reason, when opening mail the phone will just reboot. So normally I just say whatever and move on with my life. However, this morning, the phone took it a step further. I was checking my mail, and in normal form the phone quit mail and did a reboot but on the Apple screen I got the spam all over the screen that there was a kernel panic. So I did a home/sleep restart, and panic, repeat ad nausium.

Other then the usual, restore your phone, which means I will loose information. Is there anything anyone has done to have this not happen to them or for that matter is anyone experiencing this? Any advice would be appreciated!

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
What type of information do you want to keep on the phone ... it seems that a restore would be the only thing to fix this? ...

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
What type of information do you want to keep on the phone ... it seems that a restore would be the only thing to fix this? ...
The biggest things I don't want to lose are the photos from the last 2 days. Sadly I was away which meant I could not sync it. I have done restarts all day and the phone "works" now but if I try to open an app, like weather, the phone quits to the unlock screen. So I won't mess with it till I get home and hope that I can sync and get the photos off then do yet another restore. I swear it feels like this phone is going to need a restore on a monthly basis which is major sad.