Keurig Using DRM In New Coffee Makers

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Not really surprising. That's how they make their money, licensing the capsules. There are other coffee machines like this (Nespresso for instance), and printers.

It's legal, and it will happen. It's just whether people buy the machines.

I have a Nespresso and love it, but I knew I was going to have to buy my coffee from Nestle.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Not really surprising. That's how they make their money, licensing the capsules. There are other coffee machines like this (Nespresso for instance), and printers.

It's legal, and it will happen. It's just whether people buy the machines.

I have a Nespresso and love it, but I knew I was going to have to buy my coffee from Nestle.
I didn't realize the Nespresso made coffee makers. For some reason, I associate them with expresso only. I looked at their website. Impressive looking machine - pods are .95 per cup. In some ways, Keurig has already done this with the Vue. You can buy a Solofill, but you cannot use regular K-cups. There are no where near as many Vue cups available as K-cups.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I didn't realize the Nespresso made coffee makers. For some reason, I associate them with expresso only. I looked at their website. Impressive looking machine - pods are .95 per cup. In some ways, Keurig has already done this with the Vue. You can buy a Solofill, but you cannot use regular K-cups. There are no where near as many Vue cups available as K-cups.
yes, they just came out with the new machine. I've got an espresso machine. Those capsules only cost .65 per cup.