Kevin Garnett: I'm better than you

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think I get it - think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of we all try our hardest to get through our different life struggles - regardless of whether we are old, overweight white dudes or NBA champion basketball stars - and could never do so without the assistance of a certain energy drink.

Could be wrong though - and also think it's a pretty crappy ad.

THIS is the KG video that should be shown many, many times per game during all NBA telecasts:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That's great. Looks almost like a WWE interview.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I get what they're trying to show, but what a crappy commercial. I have no idea who thought that would be a good spot to run.

That KG video is funny as hell though. "you should be butt-ass nekid"

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
heh... i thought that it was a ok commercial, there are not to many good commercials to compare it to, the SOBE superbowl commercial was the stupidest thing that I have ever seen.....

but this was ok, i mean it had the, we all have different problems but we have different ways of dealing with them, and at the end we all like gatorade...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I agree with Ramesh - lousy ad - and with JJ - we all like Gatorade.

Think one of best parts of the KG / Sager video is when he throws in 'lime thong' on the list of items to burn :laugh2:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
heh... i thought that it was a ok commercial, there are not to many good commercials to compare it to, the SOBE superbowl commercial was the stupidest thing that I have ever seen.....

but this was ok, i mean it had the, we all have different problems but we have different ways of dealing with them, and at the end we all like gatorade...
I could do without KG telling me how awesome it is that he's never had to deal with "hard news" and such.

@patrick - yes, the lime thong was good touch. :laugh2:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
there are only so many ways you can sell a sports drink, guys. especially in a country where hardly anyone actually needs a "sports" drink.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
the SOBE superbowl commercial was the stupidest thing that I have ever seen.....
I'm with ya there, brother. Embarrassingly lame.

I like that KG commercial much better than this other Gatorade campaign: