Key Tone Sound

Miss M

Jan 3, 2009
iTunes music and vids i can hear fine. But the keytone sound has stopped working and yes i have checked the setting.

Any ideas?

Not sure whether this is serious enough to send it in and not have my phone for a week or so.

Happen to anyone else?

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Nope, doesn't sound normal. Try to restore your phone. It just might be a software glitch.

Miss M

Jan 3, 2009
Just tried that but no luck. The things not working are key clicks anywhere, apps, phone keyboard etc, but as i said all is fine in music and vids.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
hold the power and home button together until the phone shuts off and shows the Apple logo. once the Apple logo has appeared release the buttons and wait for the springboard to pop up.

check the rocker switch on the left side to make sure is in the up positon.

Miss M

Jan 3, 2009
Done. Still no keyboard sound.

I think i am going to have to send it in DAMMIT. Strange that its not affecting all sound don't you think?

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
It doesn't sound like a turn on turn off issue kenneth. sounds more like internal issues.
i recommend an Apple macbar appointment. they will replace it on the spot.

Miss M

Jan 3, 2009
will they replace it unlocked to optus even though i bought it at an optus store outright?

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
yes then it's a hardware issue. I think for some reason your phone believe it's got the headset in it. But also believes its out so it play the videos and musica. I'm guessing your phone is on crack Lol! return is your best bet. Im returning my 3G due to a developing crack on the vibrating toggle

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Oh man, I'm guessing your outside the U.S
Ummmmm........since that's the case idk what to tell you. Just return it into
the store you bought it. In your case an Optus store.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Have you had headphones plugged into it recently? If so try plugging them in and out a few times.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
will they replace it unlocked to optus even though i bought it at an optus store outright?
I'm with Optus aswell in Australia :). Don't go to optus, call the Australia Apple line at 133-622. Optus won't replace your iPhone they will just send you off to Apple. I'm in perth and the closest Apple is in Sydney... I had to go through this process to get mine replaced because there was dust under my screen...

Good luck!