Keyboard/Dialer Custom theme

saabaru99

Jul 14, 2009
Hey guys, tried searching for it but couldnt find any similar threads. I have a jailbroken iPhone 3gs and all themes seem to be working via winterboard except the dialer pad and the keyboard. Anyone else experiencing this same problem? I have tried to SSH a custom dialer pad but it only changed the bottom 3 keys and all the numbers still look like stock while the keyboard doesn't change at all. Thanks in advance guys and sorry if this had been discussed already. (Kind of a noob)

FTWrath

Jul 7, 2009
Florida
Yeah the problem isn't with the 3GS but with 3.0.
Same stuff with my 3G here. Most of the themes just aren't formatted correctly for 3.0 yet, just gotta wait bro.Dialer works for me though. I downloaded a separate one.

saabaru99

Jul 14, 2009

FTWrath

Jul 7, 2009
Florida
Like I said I believe it has something to do with the 3.0 firmware. I had the same problems with full themes which didn't work on the keyboard or dialer.
To add the dialer i used just go to cydia and search megan fox and it has a few results.

jbk6039

Aug 17, 2009
oh alright. good lookin out..thanks. As for the dialer, I tried to add it using this tutorial: http://www.hackthatphone.com/2x/themes_with_winterboard_section14.html

and by using this custom keypad: http://www.iPhonethemeworld.com/iPhone/download/iphone-themes/Carbon_Red.aspx

do things not add up on this tutorial? When i add it like the way shown through the instructions, only the bottom 3 icons are changed to red while the whole numpad stays stock.

Winterboard has not been updated to allow for changes in the keyboard for OS 3.0...a real problem and no one has a good fix for this yet...:(

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Winterboard has not been updated to allow for changes in the keyboard for OS 3.0...a real problem and no one has a good fix for this yet...:(
It's not Winterboards fault. The problem is the actual "keyboard" packages on Cydia. The developers need to update them so they install to the correct location on the iPhone's file system in order to work. Winterboard is simply the enabler for such keyboards.

With that being said, there are some keyboards that have been updated, such as miPhone QWERTY 3.0.