Keyboard for iPad 3?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
Hello everyone, I am considering buying a keyboard for my new iPad and was wondering how successful they have been? I'll probably try to make the swap from my MacBook to iPad 3 next year to reduce bag weight (schoolbooks are too darn heavy).

Troubleina

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
Suburban Washington DC
i haven't paired my bluetooth Apple wireless keyboard yet with my ipad3, but it worked great with my ipad1 and ipad2. it worked great with my iPhone 4 and 4s too.

it's a little pricy, but it worked seamlessly. i know there are cheaper versions, maybe someone has a suggestion on that route?

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Apple Bluetooth keyboard works fine with the iPad 3. Bought it for the iPad 1 and all I had to do was pair it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Mar 20, 2012
I also suggest you to buy Apple keyboards for pairing with ipad 3G. But if you want to purchased "White Bluetooth Apple Keyboard" or "Aluminum keyboard", then it may be give you error at the time of pairing with your ipad 3G. The aluminum one required to select on discovery mode to find your ipad easily.

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I received it 2 days ago. It's pretty nice. I was able to pair it with my iPhone and also my laptop. I can't try it with the New iPad yet since I won't be getting it for a few weeks still. I really like the quality of it though.

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Oh, I forgot to mention. The keyboard is also removable. It's held in place by magnets that are somewhere under the leather cover. Very well made. Looks just like a little laptop once an iPad is in it.

bmenhall

Bronze
Aug 5, 2010
Oh, I forgot to mention. The keyboard is also removable. It's held in place by magnets that are somewhere under the leather cover. Very well made. Looks just like a little laptop once an iPad is in it.
The detachable/removable keyboard is something I need. I'm going back to school in the Fall, and I would like something of this sort. Thanks for the info.

Gabey8

Apr 22, 2011
I am using a Verbatim BT keyboard and a little $5 no-name iPad stand I got at Five Below (a discount chain in my area that sells everything for $5 or less). If you're interested in using a separate keyboard/stand solution, it shouldn't be too hard to track down a reasonably-priced stand. And here is the keyboard:

http://mashable.com/2011/03/05/verbatim-bluetooth/

The key placement on the keyboard is something that I'm acclimating to (as is the case every time I migrate to using a new-to-me keyboard, portable/folding or otherwise). But I like it a lot.

I was able to use the playback keys that go up the left-hand side of the keyboard to operate the YouTube video on the above link. I was able to play/pause and rewind back to the beginning, using the keys on the keyboard. I also like the HOME key (of which there are two).

I originally got this device months ago, before I owned any iDevices, for use with my previous cell phone. But now I'm very happy that I have this keyboard, because I prefer to be using Real Keys for any text entry that's more involved than just typing in a few words. I'm using it to compose this post on the iPad.

One thing I actually like about the Verbatim keyboard is that it used two AAA batteries. I never have to worry about whether it's been recharged, particularly if it has been sitting for eons without being used. Everyone's mileage may vary, on whether they prefer to use regular batteries or have a rechargeable device.

There is a part of me that still wants an iPad keyboard case. But I can't justify spending that kind of money right now, when I have a perfectly workable solution right here already.

(On the other hand, my wedding anniversary is in May, and my hubby is asking me what I want as a present. So there may, at some point, also be a keyboard case in my future. ;) )

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I just went with this one:

http://netdirectbargains.store.buy.com/

I got it for $32 with free shipping yesterday...this deal is for $35 shipped! I tried it from Best Buy and it was awesome, but had a hard time justifying $60 for a keyboard. $32, however, it's mine. :) I don't need a keyboard often, but in those times that I'd like one, now I can leave my Macbook Pro at work! The keyboard feels just like the Apple Keyboard and comes with a protective case that also doubles as a stand for the iPad when typing. Great stuff. (Uses 3 AAA batteries, though...not rechargeable.) It is pretty much a full keyboard, so no problems with typing. I'll probably be doing a review of this product as well...:)