Keyboard problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Billybobvi, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Billybobvi

Billybobvi Member
    Bronze

Ok I have a iPhone 6s Plus with the newest version of iOS 9. Recently while typing in notes or typing in the search block on safari, some of the keys require me to double click them in order for them to be typed on the screen. Even the space bar. Has anyone else experienced this or have I changed a setting without knowing? I just typed this in the app using my iPhone with no problems. Seems to happen in notes and safari.
    Thanks in advance
    Billy

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try a hard reset. Press the home button and the power button at the same time and it will reboot. No data or settings will be lost.

3. Billybobvi

Billybobvi Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the reply. Hard reset was the first thing I did and still continued.

4. Billybobvi

Billybobvi Member
    Bronze

I did notice that when I finish typing a word and I hit the space bar and cursor will not advance and I have to hit the space bar twice to get it to move so I can type the next word. I'm I missing something here or losing my mind? It also happens with return key too.
    Thanks again in advance
    Billy

5. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

If the hard reset didn't sort it, I think it may be a screen defect. You might want to inquire about a warranty replacement. I hate having to replace a phone, but that's an issue that would drive me up a tree in very short order.

6. Billybobvi

Billybobvi Member
    Bronze

Figured it out. I have a Zagg screen protector and an OtterBox case. After taking off the OtterBox the keyboard worked fine. It must have been slight pressure on the screen by the OtterBox that was causing the problem.
    Thanks for the replies

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Billybobvi Glad you worked that out. My DH want this same set up for his iP6s+ and I warned him that he should not get the Zagg and put it on under that Otterbox. Now I have proof that it will be an issue.

8. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Get a THULE Tough case also you don't need a screen protector,unless you use sand to clean the phones screen.