Keyboard question...

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
Does anyone know away to get the sms send button on the keyboard? It would be a bonus if you could get it around the same place the return button is. And i have cydia... Thanks :)

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
There's not enough space on the keyboard in the portrait position to accommodate a "SEND" button on the keyboard.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Does anyone know away to get the sms send button on the keyboard? It would be a bonus if you could get it around the same place the return button is. And i have cydia... Thanks :)
I have to ask why? Why you would want it. If it was in another spot I could see accidental sending a lot more. Half way through messages etc

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
Just wondering if it's available but i'm guessing not. And reason for wanting is simple..

I prefer the Skype/WLM way of sending.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
This is the way a lot of IM clients do it (the Enter/Return key is replaced by a Send key), and I agree, it would be pretty handy. I usually end up accidentally putting a blank line at the end of my text messages because I'm so used to IM apps using the enter key as the send key. In fact, Steve Jobs himself did that in the very first demo of the iPhone SMS.

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
This is the way a lot of IM clients do it (the Enter/Return key is replaced by a Send key), and I agree, it would be pretty handy. I usually end up accidentally putting a blank line at the end of my text messages because I'm so used to IM apps using the enter key as the send key. In fact, Steve Jobs himself did that in the very first demo of the iPhone SMS.
Well it shows i'm not alone here, it would just be so much easier, i can't believe there isn't a way to do it even with a slight use of cydia..!