keyboard speed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ceiph

Aug 1, 2007
so im close to getting an iPhone just trying to think it though since 600 is not good for an impulse buy... even though ive been drooling over the phone since the keynote... anyways

i currently have a bb pearl... and i know the iPhone keyboard some people complain but once your used to it hows the speed verse a pearl....

so yeah anyone with pearl expirence want to chime in?

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I had an hp ipaq before making my iPhone purchase and was made fun of for how fast i could type on it. Stuff like " it takes me minute to type whats up and before i can put my phone in my pocket you respond with a novel".

The ipaq is quite compareable in size to the pearls keyboard and i can personally type as fast if not faster in most situations on the iPhone.

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
so im close to getting an iPhone just trying to think it though since 600 is not good for an impulse buy... even though ive been drooling over the phone since the keynote... anyways

i currently have a bb pearl... and i know the iPhone keyboard some people complain but once your used to it hows the speed verse a pearl....

I had a Pearl prior to the iPhone. Personally, I find it easier to type on the iPhone.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I had an hp ipaq before making my iPhone purchase and was made fun of for how fast i could type on it. Stuff like " it takes me minute to type whats up and before i can put my phone in my pocket you respond with a novel".

The ipaq is quite compareable in size to the pearls keyboard and i can personally type as fast if not faster in most situations on the iPhone.
i had the ipaq, too. I was forever doing "hard"resets and changing firmware and such, but it was open to a ton of third party apps. Super duper high maintaince compared to the iPhone. I Do Not miss that tremendous brick.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109

Yah I have a AT&T red pearl and a iPhone. I much prefer the virtual keypad over suretype and I love how it disappears on the iPhone when not needed. Also to me it is really fun to use the iPhone keyboard.:)

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
what the others say is true, but be warned that you have to be looking at what you're typing since you can't feel the keys like you can on other qwerty pphones

brianlamar

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
what the others say is true, but be warned that you have to be looking at what you're typing since you can't feel the keys like you can on other qwerty pphones
Motor memory takes care of a lot of this. Once you get your fingers trained you can actually type some words without looking, under the assumption that the mistakes you make will be corrected by the phone.