Kickstarter Project - Need your input/Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Jayburd, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Jayburd

Jayburd New Member

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, however I do apologize if this is in the incorrect area. I have this project I've started to work on and I would like your input and possible help with this, due to I'm hoping to launch this on Kickstarter very soon, I'm posting around. Ok here we go!

This is basically how the story begins. My wife and I between the two of us been having gone through the iPhone evolution as they have been produced year to year, and we have several iDevice music/radio/speaker docks. It has always been a convenience when it came to charging our phones and playing our music through them. Using them as alarms clocks and charging other idevices. Now when playing music through these docks the only downside was if I wanted to change the song, I would have to go up to the dock and change the song. This is granted I'm not using shuffle or if I was I wanted to skip that song; also not all remotes work correctly with every idevice that is docked as you all may know.

When Airplay came into the picture, I was like YES! problem solved! Umm Nope.. I would have to purchase yet another dock or Airplay compatible speakers. Don't get me wrong I love the airplay features when they are available (As You read please correct me if I'm wrong). Now lets say you do have an Airplay dock and you're on an outing and you would like to use that feature, but you have no wifi? Therefore you're docking your iDevice again.
    Another just straight forward scenario, lets just say you don't have an airplay speaker dock and you just have a iPod Nano (if I'm not mistaken does not have Airplay either) you are unable to play wireless. This is where my project comes into play.

For the time being I'm calling it the Musik-StikĀ©. Basically how this works is it utilizing a two piece transmission system; a Transmitter & Receiver simple enough. Transmitter which would plug into any iDevice with a 30-pin dock connector. The Receiver which would plug into the dock also with a 30-pin. Both pieces of which would use low power consumption from both the iDevice and Dock to activate. Most likely there would be an app to be downloaded in the appstore to operate, or maybe it can be worked in to making the idevice think that it is docked. Now I know maybe there could have been a Bluetooth solution to this and making this a 1 piece only system, however IMHO bluetooth audio transmission just does not cut it. I'm needing help in locating a good wireless solution. Now in the design of the Musik-StikĀ© I wanted it to be as compact as possible, just a little bit smaller than the old white Apple remotes, and where the 2 pieces could dock with each other. Being the compact size you would be able to attach it to your iDevice even if you have a case on it. All in all this accessory in turn would be able to turn any dock with a 30 pin connector and your iDevice into a wireless audio setup, without the worries of having wifi or not, or having to upgrade a perfectly good dock setup you may already have.

I'm here to get advice, tips, help, suggestions anything.
    Like I stated I am looking to put this project on Kickstarter.
    I'm looking for anyone who knows about Digitial communication,
    Developers of AppStore Apps, and whoever else I may be missing feel free to PM me. I really thank everyone for taking the time to read this and providing your feedback.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

The idea is good, but I can't imagine too many people using this. Most are probably happy with the way a remote works with their current iDevice audio system.

3. Jayburd

Jayburd New Member

Which is something I completely understand, this system wouldn't be for everyone. In just my personal experience and experience from friends, the remote for systems do not always work the way they are supposed too from idevice to the next. Also just like AirPlay this goes beyond just controlling your media playback options, but full media control. Ability to choose what's next in regular and shuffle mode, create playlist on the spot without having to stop the music to undock(if feature is avail on certain idevcices), play a requested song without having to go up to the dock. Basically being able to be your on DJ without going up to the idevice, granted most remotes don't grant you full selection control like this. All in all you're correct this would not be for everyone.