Kill the iPhone buzz (gsm interference)

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Oh my god thats awesome. Problem is i get most pissed at this noise in my car... Im definitely gonna try it at home. I have an extra camera cable from when i got a replacement. Sweet find, thank you

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
:) I found it while i was bored at work. For anyone who tries it, post pics to show it off. I needs to stop by radio shack over the weekend

Nov 26, 2007
Wow, my iPhone makes my digital alarm clock buzz every 5 minutes or so, all night long. It really goes nuts when I get a text........drives me insane! Do you think it will work for my alarm clock?

JEWISH_GOAT

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
So I may be new to this whole iPhone buzz thing but why would your iPhone just buzz and buzz? I just got mine today so is this something I should except to eventually happen to me? Is it a glitch or what?

Someone please clarify? Bitte.

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
So I may be new to this whole iPhone buzz thing but why would your iPhone just buzz and buzz? I just got mine today so is this something I should except to eventually happen to me? Is it a glitch or what?

GSM interference is what it is

Jul 23, 2007
I've been using this method for weeks without issue. My DW just sets her iPhone on a sheet of anti-static when she goes to bed. Quite a BuzzKill!

Last edited by a moderator:

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
anyone have ideas what to do in my car. I have a tape deck thing with the headphone wire that goes to my iPhone. Maybe put that thing on the headphone wire?

Anti-Static Bag?

I've been using this method for weeks without issue. My DW just sets her iPhone on a sheet of anti-static when she goes to bed. Quite a BuzzKill!
I've tried this with several anti-static bags and cannot get the interference to stop. I also tried the ferrite beads with no success. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 23, 2007
I've tried this with several anti-static bags and cannot get the interference to stop. I also tried the ferrite beads with no success. Any suggestions?
Can you minimize the interference by putting your hand on the lower (black) section of the back of the phone? In particular the speaker side of the phone.

It is this section of the phone that I have the anti static on. I don't know if there is different mill thicknesses of anti static, but it seems likely. This (anti static bag) method eliminates at least 90-95% of the interference in the two iPhones I've tried, without any ill effects.

EDIT: The anti static bag I'm using is made of "Statshield" with this URL. This is a similar bag to what I'm using, if you need more details.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana

It is not actually the phone that makes the "buzzing" interference sound. It is speakers in a close proximity to the iPhone that makes all the noise. If you ever experience noise coming from speakers when your iPhone is near them, you will understand what all the "buzz" is about.:p

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I was looking for the snap together kind!. I have most of my computer wires already done with the snap on beads from work, but there are no more and I need about 4.