Kinda silly but how do you clean a book?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Hey guys...my Steve jobs biography book is getting a lot of wear on it. The plastic binding is getting crinkled, the edges. The book has some substance on it, I don't know how it got there. The books edges are starting to get torn. Anyone know how to clean it any tips? Thanks.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Well the advice is pretty much all the same, so pick what works for you. I worked at the NYC Public Library for a few years and those sites have good advice. Is it a softbound copy ? Harder to keep looking new if you carry it around. Just start taking better care of it Mac.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
It's the copy with the plastic sleeve (Steve on front Steve holding Macintosh on the back) and then the hard cardboard.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
If you can, take a picture of the book and the edges that are starting to get torn. It could give us a better idea of exactly what you mean.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
It's the white sleeve with Steve's face on front and Steve holding a Macintosh in his lap.

Or the shirt as kids in my school call it. "His shirt is falling off!" they would say.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Shame that they're getting ruined. There's this bookshop that sells hardback copies of this book at a fraction of the price... Is it hard to come by in your area?
No, as our Walmart has them in stock. But I'm not looking for a new book.

Mar 30, 2012
Use a cloth and just clean it using water or something. Just gotta keep it enclosed. Books are easy to get worn out if left out for a while and carried around.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Mac, what I do with books that are "well loved" in my collection is I buy one that I can read and the other that stays nice and neat and is never opened. This way I don't feel bad reading one until it's destroyed because I have a nice copy as well.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
* Best Answer Here*
Get online buy a new copy of the book and don't touch it lol.
I bought my brother an Autographed copy pf a book by his favorite author he wanted it to stay emaculate so he read it once cause ot was a new release then, bought a second copy he carried around......
If you take it everywhere it ain't gonna hold up long

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
* Best Answer Here*
Get online buy a new copy of the book and don't touch it lol.
I bought my brother an Autographed copy pf a book by his favorite author he wanted it to stay emaculate so he read it once cause ot was a new release then, bought a second copy he carried around......
If you take it everywhere it ain't gonna hold up long

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!
No offense, but I'm pretty sure I gave the same answer a few hours before you. ;)