Kinda Strange Service Question:

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Which carrier's fault is it if I keep on receiving the same damned texts over and over? I have 3 or 4 texts from a verizon customer's phone coming over and over again for over an hour!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That technically wouldn't be a carrier's fault if it's coming from an actual phone. It would be the phone's owner.
If anything, I would call AT&T and let them know that you are receiving "spam" from a private cell phone and you want it blocked and charges removed. Be polite about it and I am sure that they will accomidate you.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
That technically wouldn't be a carrier's fault if it's coming from an actual phone. It would be the phone's owner.
If anything, I would call AT&T and let them know that you are receiving "spam" from a private cell phone and you want it blocked and charges removed. Be polite about it and I am sure that they will accomidate you.
The problem is that spammer is my fiancee :) She is not sending them purposely. But she does have this arrogance about how Verizon is so much better than AT&T. That is why I wanted to know who's fault it would be. Can the phone be responsible for sending out the texts repeatedly?

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
The problem is that spammer is my fiancee :) She is not sending them purposely. But she does have this arrogance about how Verizon is so much better than AT&T. That is why I wanted to know who's fault it would be. Can the phone be responsible for sending out the texts repeatedly?
Its probably a conflict between both phones/carriers. If you have unlimited, who cares? No need to be the person who is "right" and rub it in her face. That wouldn't help anything.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, if she is not sending them, but her phone is, let me ask, is the message a personalized one? ( as in she wrote it only for you), and is it the same message over and over?
If yes, then what is probably happening is that she is in a spot that has very weak coverage, and when the phone tries to send the message, it goes through, but the phone apparently thinks it failed, so it's trying again. I've actually done this myself once, but only repeated the message once, and not 3-4 times.
if it's some sort of generic message that was pre-programmed into her verison phone, then I would blame the phone above all else, with both Verison and AT&T a close second- because one of them is not verifying message pass-through after the first go around.