Know what's a joke?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
marlboro freakin 72s.they're so short (72mm vs. 80mm or 100mm)and they taste bad.lose/lose.p.s. only reason i have them was because the cashier must have been dyslexic.i asked for Marlboro 27s. (muuuuch better.)

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
p.s. why can't i do new paragraphs when i browse through Internet Explorer for wm6?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm a critical care nurse and nothing has had a more significant impact on me as witnessing the effects of smoking. Morbid obesity and severe alcohol abuse would be next. Mostly because it's all preventable. It's not the lung cancer and emphysema and the struggling for every breath either, it's the disfiguring throat cancer and radical neck surgeries. I'm an ex smoker (quit years ago), but after working in ICU, there's not a chance in hell I will ever smoke again.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
i understand the risks, (two line space) but i still smoke. (one line space) does that make me a bad person? i've read Allen Carr's book, and have finished it. i disagree with one thing. i have a completely different thought process when i smoke a cigarette. i think of lyrics, and things like that.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
but i still smoke. does that make me a bad person?
Absolutely not. It's your life to do with as you please. You have every right to commit a slow painful suicide ;)

I do sympathize though. I know it's hard to quit, I've been there.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
you're not alone. i smoke also.

know what's a joke?

Two old ladies were outside their nursing home, having a smoke when it started to rain. One of the ladies pulled out a condom, cut off the end, put it over her cigarette and continued smoking.

Lady 1: What's that?
Lady 2: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.
Lady 1: Where did you get it?
Lady 2: You can get them at any drugstore.

The next day ... Lady 1 hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a box of condoms. The guy looks at her kind of strangely (she is, after all, over 80 years of age), but politely asks what brand she prefers.

Lady 1: It doesn't matter as long as it fits a Camel.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
i understand the risks, (two line space) but i still smoke. (one line space) does that make me a bad person? i've read Allen Carr's book, and have finished it. i disagree with one thing. i have a completely different thought process when i smoke a cigarette. i think of lyrics, and things like that.
Aren't you 16? If you continue smoking you have extremely elevated chances of getting lung cancer in your 50's (at the latest). You may think you understand the risks, but at 16, no one REALLY understands risk, or thinks anything bad can happen to them. It's just the way that cognitive development works. ( P.S. You don't need to smoke to be artistic.)

Seriously though, this is what adults see when we see teenagers smoking-

"Our lives are too hard, and teenage angst is too much to handle, we need to smoke." "You don't know what it's like to live with my parents, I might as well be in a concentration camp!" and most likely "Do I look mature? Do I look old? Do I look cool?"

I know you will brush this off, but consider this quote from Oscar Wilde,
"I am not young enough to know everything."

Last edited by a moderator:

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Fact - A large percentage of people who smoke want to quit but can't, because they are a slave to the stick. Better to quit as early before a real addiction is started.

Fact - I used to smoke cigarettes. I quit cigarettes cold turkey. It is tough, but with a strong will, you can do it.

Fact - Cigarettes are now going to have even more chemicals added to become safer (They will burn out if left unattended, but the chemicals supposedly added to cause this to happen makes them even more deadly from a health standpoint). They are coming out now and have an FPC (fire proof cigarette) stamp by the UPC. People who have smoked for years are now experiencing chest pains and getting sick after smoking because of these new chemicals. Google it.

Fact - They kill you.....they even print this on the box.

An smoker reading this feel free to let us know what you think about the FPC's.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I smoke. I don't know if I'm considered an addict, I guess I am, as I smoke every day morning in university, about three cigarettes a day. Later on, at night, I usually don't go out because I come back really tired and of course I can't smoke in the house as my parents would find out.

OH and I smoke Marlboro Lights

Last edited by a moderator:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
if anyone actually has paid attention to my postings over the last year, they may have a inkling about how many unfortunate events were/are in my life. but this isn't me complaining about stress, i don't believe cigarettes help with stress, oh no. i have counselors for that.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
If you smoke than .....................
wait for it..................

wait

for......................

it..............

you are an idiot

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Fact - Cigarettes are now going to have even more chemicals added to become safer
Even though the FDA can start regulating them, that is a huge misconception. They are highly carcinogenic and will continue to be highly carcinogenic. I know what you're trying to say, but it's just that the word safer has no businesss being in a the same sentence as cigarettes.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
You smoke because your life is sh*t?

Grow up, dude.

The problem is you say you understand the "risks". They are NOT "risks". That implies there's a chance they may not happen to you. They WILL happen. These are what we call "consequences".

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Even though the FDA can start regulating them, that is a huge misconception. They are highly carcinogenic and will continue to be highly carcinogenic. I know what you're trying to say, but it's just that the word safer has no businesss being in a the same sentence as cigarettes.
I edited my post for clarity. FSC are safer when it comes to fires starting due to unattended or flipped butts. The health consequences are worse.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
When are they gonna start adding chemicals to make second-hand smoke less annoying and harmful?

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I am not completely opposed to cigarettes or the people that smoke them. If people wish to smoke, just respect others. If you know your smoke is bothering someone, than move and don't be insulted if asked to move. Smokers have rights too and the governments should not be able to forcibly take those rights away. Some people get all bent out of shape if someone is smoking around them. I am not one of those people. If smoke is bothering me I will move to where it does not bother me, because I have common sense, legs, and the ability to make decisions for myself instead of making other people's decisions for them. It irritates me that people want to stop smoking completely in all public places. I dunno, maybe the topic is more in my face in my city.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sam, I smoke and it's the stupidest thing I do in my life. There's no excuse. There's no justification. It's just something you gotta stop, preferably sooner rather than later. Or else you die. [shrug]

And, I'm sorry, people that equate smoking with "artsiness"... that's just sad to me. You're the artist, not your damned cancer stick.