Knowing What We know Now...You'd Would Wait? Take The Poll

Should We Have Waited?

• No, I'm OK with it as is.

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Yes, I would have waited for a more features.

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Now that it's here...as much as we love our iPhone, if you could have waited another 6 months (A TOTAL of 1 Year after the announcement) for a better version that includes all of the reasonable things we're missing...would you have waited the extra six months? Take the Poll.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Now that it's here...as much as we love our iPhone, if you could have waited another 6 months (A TOTAL of 1 Year after the announcement) for a better version that includes all of the reasonable things we're missing...would you have waited the extra six months? Take the Poll.
naaaaa. I couldn't wait any longer. If a new one comes out, I'll just buy it and give this one to my kids.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I never even thought about buying the iPhone until the second week in June. That's when I got caught up in the hype. I couldn't wait another six months though. I'll probably end up buying version 2.0. I just hope I can sell my phone for at least a couple hundred bucks when the 2nd version comes out.

edmartin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
If we had waiting another 6, 12 or 24 months, whatever device was launched would be "lacking" in some way shape or form. Throw in 3G, Flash and iChat and it would just move down the list to the next thing that we all want (for me, by the way, it's a nice turn-by-turn GPS app with Bluetooth GPS receiver support).

The market is a moving target. Always will be. Fortunately, the hardware is largely upgradable through software (probably not 3G but the rest...). And then there's always the obligatory "next gen" hardware. But I'm sure that will be "lacking", too - at least in some people's eyes. In the mean time, I think the current iPhone rocks and I'm looking forward to seeing the bug fixes & enhancements as they roll out.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
I would have take half of te current features for half of the time. Would have loved to have iPhone way back in March! without say, email, or SMS, or web, take your pick. Even if the only thing that worked was the phone itself. It would have still been worth it. I would have stll waited 11 hours in line and I would still be happy with it.

- SR

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I would have take half of te current features for half of the time. Would have loved to have iPhone way back in March! without say, email, or SMS, or web, take your pick. Even if the only thing that worked was the phone itself. It would have still been worth it. I would have stll waited 11 hours in line and I would still be happy with it.

- SR
With no SMS, I wouldn't have bought it. Period.