kyms files issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Delibob, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Delibob

Delibob New Member

i had to wipe my phone and start fresh awhile back and without thinking bout it used file to move all my files out of the kyms app and then tried to put them back when all was said and done none of it is showing up in the collections area. I've tried bout everything i can think of including trying to dig through the rest of the apps files. anybody have any ideas? there were family pictures in there that i only have the copy i can no longer view :/

2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Since Kyms encrypts all stored data, simply moving files out doesn't help you recover them. When you say you "used file to move all my files" what do you mean? Did you move them out of the app using the app's tools? If you simply copied them out of the iOS file system using something like iFile they remain encrypted and you may not be able to recover them.

I think we need a bit more information about exactly what you did before "starting fresh", which I assume means you set it up as a new iPhone,

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Unfortunately, you won't be able to recover them. Due to the encryption, you need to back them up outside of the app (unencrypted) prior to restoring.

4. Delibob

Delibob New Member

Yep i used ifile and copied them out and moved them back after the restore not even thinkin about it. Was hopin there was a way to decrypt them or force kyms to read that theyre there. Even managed to get kyms to add a file to one of the copied folders but still wont read the rest of it