Labyrinth Game

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
New game now on installer where you tilt the iPhone to lead the ball through the maze. Check it out, it could turn into something great

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
New game now on installer where you tilt the iPhone to lead the ball through the maze. Check it out, it could turn into something great
Wow, this is awesome. The level of control the accelerometer allows is shown by this app. Still needs work (some sort of goal at least), but this is really starting to show off the accelerometer.

I've been saying for some time now that the accelerometer could lead to some interesting stuff. Personally, I'd like NES to add accelerometer control. Would be excellent for games like Marble Madness.

--
Mike

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
wow...amazing...

one thing though...my screen flickers while i play it... is this normal ?
other than that the control its amazing, i which the game "15" had the same control, 15 seems too hard to control...in my opinion...

this game is great though, the "goal" thingy shoud be implemented though... happy so far though :)

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
wow...amazing...

one thing though...my screen flickers while i play it... is this normal ?
other than that the control its amazing, i which the game "15" had the same control, 15 seems too hard to control...in my opinion...

this game is great though, the "goal" thingy shoud be implemented though... happy so far though :)
screen does that for me too but otherwise i agree with tinman that is accelerometer put to good use.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
This is definitely a much better tech demo than Balls is.

Still as far as tech demos go, Butterfly is probably the best since it keeps score, lol.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Haha! When I saw this I actually thought of you TinMan. If i remember correctly you have anticipated a marble based maze ever since you uncovered (or reported) the accelerometer is more precise than everyone had first expected. You're right, they really could adapt or develop some great games utilizing the accelerometer. I'm hoping a certified developer also goes this direction upon the release of the SDK, not that there's anything an unsupported developer couldn't accomplish now.

My screen flickers as well, but my guess is it's a result of a high refresh rate - which in turn allows us to respond more acutely to what's going in within the game? Any other ideas as to what this is are welcome, it may be an easy fix. As previously mentioned twice, a marked "goal" would be a nice addition as well.