Labyrinth updated: You gotta try it!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Labyrinth 0.3.2 is out now on Installer.

VERY cool use of the accelerometer. It feels like you are holding a 3-D marble maze game. The level of control is amazing. It flickers a bit, but it's not a show-stopper.

EDIT: The app has been updated. The "goal" indicater in the photo below has been cleaned up, and there are now 30 levels. You can also make your own levels, if you desire.

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

larc

Oct 22, 2007
Hi guys,

I am the author of Labyrinth and I've just released a new version. It has more than 30 levels

You can now cheat and swipe left and right to move between levels.

It will appear on the installer soon but in the meantime you can get it here:

http://tocon.ownit.nu/Labyrinth/

Please consider making a donation to keep me going.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Hi guys,

I am the author of Labyrinth and I've just released a new version. It has more than 30 levels

You are awesome.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Hi guys,

Very cool... keep it up!

You bet I am considering a donation, and it wouldn't be the first time for iPhone apps I use and like.

--
Mike

saplingg

Oct 22, 2007
Hi guys,

Thank you, this is one of the few iPhone games I really enjoy playing. But the levels are a bit too hard!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Thank you, this is one of the few iPhone games I really enjoy playing. But the levels are a bit too hard!
I wouldn't say they are too hard, but they do require concentration and a steady hand. If I am calm I can make that ball move as if it was on rails.

If I am hyper, which is about 90% of the time :)tounge::p:p), it's a weeee bit more difficult.

I could actually say this game helps me to relax, by forcing me to slow down.

--
Mike

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I may have a go at making my own mazes, some of these later levels lack creativity for the sake of being "hard" in my honest opinion.

Games like this should be enjoyed by all, not meant to isolate players into two categories, those who have the dexterity to play it, and those who don't.

This is a very nice looking game none the less, and easily in the top of it's field for original game design.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I just downloaded this today, it is very addictive. Great app Larc. One question though... I know the screen flicker is normal, but is it possible that will be fixed in future updates? Other then that, it is an awesome iPhone toy.

Oct 24, 2007
Level 27

I got to level 27, and I couldn't find a goal anywhere, just holes...
(I downloaded it by updating through Installer.app, if that makes a difference)

Does anyone have any ideas (the text file for level 27 is level26.txt)
I looked at the sample SVG file, and the IDs were startPos and h_end, but in the level26.txt file, h_end was not present anywhere (it was in the others)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I got to level 27, and I couldn't find a goal anywhere, just holes...
(I downloaded it by updating through Installer.app, if that makes a difference)

Does anyone have any ideas (the text file for level 27 is level26.txt)
I looked at the sample SVG file, and the IDs were startPos and h_end, but in the level26.txt file, h_end was not present anywhere (it was in the others)
Just change the line with h_31 to h_end and the goal will appear in the place it most likely was supposed to appear.

--
Mike

m.o.r.

Oct 25, 2007
need level creation clarifications

hi guys,

can someone please post a how-to for creating levels (pc & mac)? the instructions in the game's site doesn't clearly explain how to create the start and end circles. i tried opening the sample level svg file to look for how to label them as such yet i'm dumbfounded. :oops: i'm not really a programmar but i can manipulate graphics pretty well so any help would be appreciated. ;)

regards,
m.o.r.

p.s. i couldn't believe it but my wife played ALL levels consecutively and only died 3x! that's why i was challenged to make more levels for her to play! :mad: