Lack of Exchange disappointing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MorningZ

Jul 18, 2007
Before I purchased this thing a week ago, I read story after story about Microsoft licensing out ActiveSync to Apple, which would (probably) lead to this great phone/ipod being able to replace Blackberrys out there (using OMA or OWA and *not* IMAP), inlcuding my Pearl

All those articles i read are from days before launch and say over and over how "official announcement soon", but i haven't seen anything about it... has anyone else?

Example of a story i am yappin' about:
http://www.joelevi.com/blog/index.php/2007/07/10/iphone-to-get-exchange-activesync-connectivity/

And I have seen programs like Syncronia that is supposed to get around lack of Outlook Mobile Access support, but I would not be able to convince my employer to spend that few grand on it

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Before I purchased this thing a week ago, I read story after story about Microsoft licensing out ActiveSync to Apple, which would (probably) lead to this great phone/ipod being able to replace Blackberrys out there (using OMA or OWA and *not* IMAP), inlcuding my Pearl

All those articles i read are from days before launch and say over and over how "official announcement soon", but i haven't seen anything about it... has anyone else?

Example of a story i am yappin' about:
http://www.joelevi.com/blog/index.php/2007/07/10/iphone-to-get-exchange-activesync-connectivity/

And I have seen programs like Syncronia that is supposed to get around lack of Outlook Mobile Access support, but I would not be able to convince my employer to spend that few grand on it
I had seen the same stories and got kinda excited, but then heard nothing. have you tried OWA access to access you mail? I know it is not the same thing, but at least it is something.

I got lucky and the day the iPhone came out, i changed jobs and now no longer need access to exchange email 24/7. Woo Hoo for me.