lack of information

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Is anyone else pissed off that there exists a severe lack of information 18 days from the big launch? I know that Apple is always historically very secretive about their products, right up to launch day but a launch this important to them and the fact that it involves AT&T, I would think they would be slightly more forthcoming with information.

Instead all we know is that there is an iPhone, most of its features, how it looks like, how much it costs with a 2 year AT&T contract and it will be launched on 6/29 at 6PM.

I was hoping that Jobs would clear some confusion up today. Instead, we learned it will start shipping on 6/29 at 6PM and you can develop against the iPhone via Safari. So does this start shipping statement mean online orders will ship 6PM or the Apple Stores will start selling them at 6PM? What does that mean? And developing against the iPhone throught a web application? Are you joking? Instead of clearing up the mass confusion, Jobs added to it.

I still have no clue how activations will work, how current AT&T customers can purchase the iPhone, if I am even eligible to purchase an iPhone. Many are still wondering if there is a required data plan and how much that data plan would cost. Some are still wondering if you can buy the iPhone without a contract. Sadly I have a strong feeling that we won't know until 6/29.

Now I'm left asking myself if I should even brother waiting in line for several hours and possibly leave empty-handed. All this for phone, albeit a very, very nice phone. This is becoming a huge headache.

Jun 5, 2007
i was just thinking... would all of the info dealing with AT&T such as eligibility, upgrade pricing, and data plans be the responsibility of AT&T to decide and announce this info? it seems steve jobs announcing AT&T's requirements would be weird.

May 6, 2007
United States
I agree. I am still confused about the 6 P.M. bit, and I need to know before I decide when I go. If it will be released at 6 P.M., I will go around noon but otherwise I was thinking of camping out or getting there early in the morning.

I wish somebody on this forum was at WWDC and they could walk up and ask Jobs or Apple :D.

May 6, 2007
United States
The real thing I care about here is still the release time. This completely throws off my plan and I have no clue what to do here or why in the world they would release a phone at 6 P.M. on a Friday night. And somehow I don't think we are going to get this information until launch, when it will be too late. Grrrrrr :mad:

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i would have been fine with zero information.

but now we have more information that makes things even MORE confusing. is it 6pm? is it a joke? am i going nuts? (the answer to the last one is yes).

Kimmie02

Jun 11, 2007
On attack of the show they showed a clip of the Apple guy and he was supposed to explain a little more but he talked about the computer programs he had.... no too much info

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Yeah, this whole 6 pm thing made everything go wonky. I have a concert to be at on the 29th at 7 pm 1 hour after they start selling..... So I get to sit out from Rodger Waters, loose a $100 ticket, and there's a chance I will still walk away empty handed.

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
Yeah, this whole 6 pm thing made everything go wonky. I have a concert to be at on the 29th at 7 pm 1 hour after they start selling..... So I get to sit out from Rodger Waters, loose a $100 ticket, and there's a chance I will still walk away empty handed.
i will go to the Roger Waters show for you!

i jay kay.. seriously folks you are all complaining about the lack of information by Apple, but Apple RARELY releases ANY info on their products much before release.

you should just be glad that YOU WILL GET YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO OWN ONE! So let the Roger Waters and Rehearsal dinners go on! And live your life and get the phone when it is reasonable to do so! Do not let a piece of stainless steel and silicon and TFT active-matrix LCD ruin your whole outlook on things~ it is still JUST A POSSESSION.. Grow up.:mad:

khunlyon

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
i will go to the Roger Waters show for you!

i jay kay.. seriously folks you are all complaining about the lack of information by Apple, but Apple RARELY releases ANY info on their products much before release.

you should just be glad that YOU WILL GET YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO OWN ONE! So let the Roger Waters and Rehearsal dinners go on! And live your life and get the phone when it is reasonable to do so! Do not let a piece of stainless steel and silicon and TFT active-matrix LCD ruin your whole outlook on things~ it is still JUST A POSSESSION.. Grow up.:mad:
AGREED!

I plan on getting mine whenever the timing works out. I'm sure Apple with have some on display so I plan on going to my local Apple store after work on the 29th and playing around with one...If it suits me (which i'm sure it will) and they have some in stock i'll buy one...if not i will order it online. No waiting in line or missing concerts for me...

I can't rearrange my life for a phone...even if it is a phone that i have been researching and posting about non stop for the past 6 months...:p