Lack of "Made for iPhone" accessories sucks!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
This is by far my biggest issue. I love my iPhone but not being able to buy stuff made for it (other than cases) is just stupid. Usually these products start appearing on shelves at product launch, if not before. I want a good docking station with alarm and an fm transmitter that charges, but that is MADE FOR iPhone, not some universal piece of crap that forces me to disable my phones features.

I would think that companies would be chomping at the bit to put this stuff out for us! This is friggin' ridiculous. I am not about to drop hard earned money on something that only works if i disable my phone.

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
This is by far my biggest issue. I love my iPhone but not being able to buy stuff made for it (other than cases) is just stupid. Usually these products start appearing on shelves at product launch, if not before. I want a good docking station with alarm and an fm transmitter that charges, but that is MADE FOR iPhone, not some universal piece of crap that forces me to disable my phones features.

I would think that companies would be chomping at the bit to put this stuff out for us! This is friggin' ridiculous. I am not about to drop hard earned money on something that only works if i disable my phone.
Welcome to the world of Apple. Actually, there hasn't been a lot of "Made for XXXXX" when the new models have been released. The companies catch up just like the rest of us. Most of the current Made for iPhone accessories work with latest update. Try that first before complaining.

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
Welcome to the world of Apple. Actually, there hasn't been a lot of "Made for XXXXX" when the new models have been released. The companies catch up just like the rest of us. Most of the current Made for iPhone accessories work with latest update. Try that first before complaining.
I did the 1.0.1 update. Didn't fix anything I am talking about. Today I went into Circuit City and Best Buy and plugged my iPhone into every speaker docking station. It worked with all of them. BUT, each one gave me the old airplane mode warning. I could hear static noise with all of them when te phone was on. This is what I'm talking about. I want item made specifically for the iPhone so there is no airplane mode request. I know they will eventually come out, but it seems silly that they are not here yet.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I did the 1.0.1 update. Didn't fix anything I am talking about. Today I went into Circuit City and Best Buy and plugged my iPhone into every speaker docking station. It worked with all of them. BUT, each one gave me the old airplane mode warning. I could hear static noise with all of them when te phone was on. This is what I'm talking about. I want item made specifically for the iPhone so there is no airplane mode request. I know they will eventually come out, but it seems silly that they are not here yet.
As with the PS3 launch, accessory makers are going to be sure that there are is actually enough of a market and little competition before they decide to develop and release a product for a fledgling item like the iPhone. Why develop a whole new line of speaker systems for just a few iPhones in comparison to being able to sell many for people that own iPods? They have to deplete current inventory and phase out old stuff to make room for new iPod/iPhone compatible accessories.

It'll happen. We are the first adopters, and we are only in the 2nd month of release. I think high speed internet and info in an instant is making everyone, including me, less patient to wait for things to happen. Just gotta stop and realize this and just wait for it.

jwall

Jul 4, 2007
Honestly I don't think we will ever have a speaker that we will be able to dock to. The reason is that the cell signal affects the circuitry in the speaker it self. doesn't matter what one or what company its the same.

But i do agree with the lack of accessories. I would love to find a decent headphones. So I will wait and see.

Hope that explains things