Ladies and Gentlemen - We Got Him!

Discussion in 'Outdated Information' started by Y-Less, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Y-Less

Y-Less New Member
    Bronze

Yes! After waiting 3 weeks after paying like a million, its finally here! :laugh2:

[​IMG]

[sercasm]Well, now its time for me how to find out how to insert the simcard[/sercasm]

2. the_monitor

the_monitor New Member
    Bronze

congrats! What size phone is it?

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Looks pretty big to me but it just might be the picture is not to scale. I dunno.:p

4. monkeysrock0622

Gold

Im gonna guess its a 28gb

haha :p

5. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Why is it so long/tall? o.O What is that? A v1 or a 3G? Sorry I don't like sarcasm :].

6. Y-Less

Y-Less New Member
    Bronze

Sorry for the huge picture. Its a 3G 8GB.

7. tiguy99

tiguy99 Member
    Bronze

Whoa Is that the new Mac Mini? Is it all touch screen now? If it were scale, I'd say you're new phone's screen is 42" LOL

8. Y-Less

Y-Less New Member
    Bronze

[sercasm]I want to be different like the rest of the iPhone owners here[/sercasm]

9. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

Notice there's a progress bar on the silver Apple screen when activating/restoring. The Apple guys noticed that when I took my iPhone back to the store because the 2.2 update screwed up on me and it also screwed up my Apple Mobile Device USB driver so I couldn't restore at home at that moment.

10. the_monitor

the_monitor New Member
    Bronze

I was so nervous when I updated because I have heard of updates screwing up on people (and also because it was my first update)

11. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

It's NOT the updates that are screwing up!

12. Y-Less

Y-Less New Member
    Bronze

Nah, an update won't screw any iPhone. Atleast, I never saw a message on EIC where they state a update broke a iPhone.

13. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I want to try the 1.1.4 firmware. I heard it had so many applications, games, themes, and it had some of the features that were removed in later firmwares but are back in 2.2?

14. Y-Less

Y-Less New Member
    Bronze

I think you mean that you love to have it Jailbroken again on 2.2 because of the applications you can download to modificate your iPhone? The 1.1.4 firmware is not many different from the 2.2 (except the bugfixes and the new options)

15. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I can jailbreak it on 2.2 but my sim card will stop working (because as we all know the Gevey-3G sim chip will stop working) and give the No Service or the "...." thing. So I wouldn't really want to risk it you know. Some features were back in the 1.1.4 but have been removed I think in later versions (especially 2.1) like the Update All feature for instance, lock screen snap shot, those are just two examples. But I guess those are back in the 2.2 right?

16. Y-Less

Y-Less New Member
    Bronze

Yup, those are back in 2.2. And bad you have the Gevey-3G sim chip. That sucks

17. tiguy99

tiguy99 Member
    Bronze

Yeah 2.2 is the new 114! What made 114 so great was the fact it was the most polished firmware Apple released for this device. A lot of bugs were fixed from before.

Also, we can't forget that there were a crap load of jailbroken apps out at the time that were awesome.

After Apple went with 2.0, people started to miss some of the things that made 114 so great. I mean we had new things the iPhone can do but they came with bugs galore.

2.2 is Apple's way of polishing up a great thing once more. The system runs a lot smoother and better vs any previous 2.x firmware out and brings back some of ol 114 polishness if that makes sense

18. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I bought the iPhone 3G while I didn't know anything about iPhones in general. I only made a research about it by googling and found out that the only way it would work on my network provider in my country is buy a sim chip, Gevey-3G or whatever, I didn't really know the difference by then. And when I paid the guy half of the money and he ordered a new iPhone 3G, I then took it from him a day later with the gevey-3g and kept it for a few days (closed) until I got back home to try it on my sim card. It then worked fine and I was so happy. But do you, by any chance, happen to know if there are any other much better sim chips that could work with a jailbroken 2.2? Because it wouldn't be nice if you say that one of them sucks if you don't have a better alternative, don't you think? Your statments should be based on facts. I'm sorry but that's what I think.

19. themanofthedark

themanofthedark New Member
    Gold

TurboSIM.

sell your iPhone, get a V1, wait until the iPhone Dev Team comes out with an unlock, and then sell your V1, get a 3G, unlock. Good Day, Sir.

20. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I don't need to buy a V1 lol. I already have three Nokia phones. N81 8gb, N95, and N73 Music Edition. I got bored of all of them though, and that's why I decided to buy the iPhone in the first place. I didn't tell you about the other shock I got one day after I paid the money for the iPhone and was waiting to receive it, my father received a SMS from our network provider on his phone telling him that in exactly one or two weeks, UNLOCKED 3G iPhones are going to be for sale (for a limited period of time) at our network provider's stores. Their 3G iPhones are bit more expensive than the one I bought, but by only $100, which doesn't make much of a difference as long as it's going to be factory unlocked. I never sold anything online because I do not have PayPal. If there were other methods, I would definitely sell my iPhone and then buy one of the ones here, since they are going to be unlocked and I won't suffer the consequences of sim chips.